Updates on Olivander the TQ Gracilior (and Co.)

Well, when you're balancing crazy schedules and small income, 1 chameleon is all my finances can handle. I have a small paper route job that my chameleon eats right up, through crickets. Gotta love them tho. Working on convincing my parents to let me get another cham, since I'm working on getting an ACTUAL job. They're steadfastly refusing.

@maryanne27 This picture shows Olivander's dad's colors. I never could get a good picture of him showing his every day colors because he would get aggressive about the phone in his face. My cages aren't such that I can just open the door and take a picture so he had plenty of time to get annoyed. These are his normal colors. Yes, he was trying to gore me. I was taking him out of the Giselle's cage and he didn't approve. The picture is not great, it's out of focus, the blues on his cheeks are a bit over exposed but at least you can see how he sparkled. He was just a gorgeous animal. @jpowell86
View attachment 179927
Another more relaxed picture.
View attachment 179928

Aawww.... Ollivander is definitely growing up to look like his dad. Just gorgeous and absolutely stunning - and completely pissed off at cell phones hahaha

Well, when you're balancing crazy schedules and small income, 1 chameleon is all my finances can handle. I have a small paper route job that my chameleon eats right up, through crickets. Gotta love them tho. Working on convincing my parents to let me get another cham, since I'm working on getting an ACTUAL job. They're steadfastly refusing.

Ooh awesome! I may need one in the future. They're too good! They're gorgeous. Possibly one of my favorites.

Definitely good to never take on more than you can handle. Once you get things down to a schedule, it gets easier. The cost of the food does get pricey, so I hear ya there! But just keep at it, keep learning and providing your current cham with the best life possible, and you can only move up from there! Aaaaannnddd then get a gracilior because they are awesome.

Ventured outside today to soak up some rays! First time out this year, and we definitely made the most of it. Ollivander loved climbing the porch swing chain, but I finally got him to just bask. He got cozy on my arm... The wind kept blowing the plant when he was on it, freaking him out, so he seemed to appreciate the stability.

@jajeanpierre he had some golden yellows show through on his cheeks and face between the turquoise scales, but I couldn't get a pic :(

20170409_140059.jpg
20170409_141529.jpg
20170409_150620.jpg
20170409_141045.jpg

You are torturing me! I have the perfect female to breed him to.... Or her daughter hatched a few weeks ago....

This female has absolutely no yellow.

Is he about to shed?

@jpowell86 She's killing me Joel, just killing me.

20160130_171402.jpg

20170406_151541.jpg

20170409_122103.jpg

You are torturing me! I have the perfect female to breed him to.... Or her daughter hatched a few weeks ago....

This female has absolutely no yellow.

Is he about to shed?

@jpowell86 She's killing me Joel, just killing me.

View attachment 180138

View attachment 180139

View attachment 180140

Aaawwwwww she is so cute! They would make some lovely babies.

He should be shedding soon, but I think he looks a little dry in those pics because it was dry here (65 degrees but like 30% humidity outside that day). I brought the hand mister out, but he gets soooooo pissed off when I spray him. I had to keep it at a minimum, then let the mist king go for about 2 minutes when we went back inside!

Had an outside adventure today.... Forgot to get an updated weight on him. Olivander is still super strong - I have the claw marks on my arms to prove it. When he grabs my finger, he pulls ME towards HIM, not the other way around! He doesn't hate me but doesn't really like to come to me for the first 20 minutes of trying to coax him out. Anyways, here are some pics from today.

20170603_123840.jpg

20170603_153020.jpg

Check out those nails

20170603_155809.jpg
20170603_153434.jpg

He had had enough of the mister, but I didn't want him to dry out or overheat
20170603_153314.jpg
20170603_160041.jpg

@maryanne27 I would love to see him displaying for either a male or a female. I think you would see a lot of yellow and gold show up. Have you ever put him in front of a mirror?

@maryanne27 I would love to see him displaying for either a male or a female. I think you would see a lot of yellow and gold show up. Have you ever put him in front of a mirror?

Hmmm no I haven't, but next time he comes out for me, I will! I don't have any hand mirrors that would be big enough to try it in his cage.

Olivander is jaw-droppingly gorgeous and these pictures of him made me want a gracilior of my own. Funny, I have never put a mirror in front of my cham but he always crawls across my room and onto the pillows so he can look at himself---there is a huge mirror behind them --- then he just starts "boxing" until I move him

Olivander is jaw-droppingly gorgeous and these pictures of him made me want a gracilior of my own. Funny, I have never put a mirror in front of my cham but he always crawls across my room and onto the pillows so he can look at himself---there is a huge mirror behind them --- then he just starts "boxing" until I move him

Thanks! If I ever get to breed him to one of Janet's equally gorgeous females, we will let you know ;)
That's kind of funny that your guy seeks out the mirror!

I understand that chameleons are solitary and antisocial creatures, often even being quite grumpy. It seems that Olivander has gotten even grumpier with age, though! Don't get me wrong, I love to just watch him from a distance (that's pretty much the point of keeping these guys), but days like today are just frustrating.... It is a gorgeous day outside, unusually cool for August here, so I thought it would be perfect to get out for some basking. Slowly, I crept my hand closer to him and just waited. He paid no mind to treats, just watched my hand and gradually puffed up. I got my finger under a back foot, but as I tried a few minutes later for a front one, he huffed and puffed!
I decided to call it quits and curled my other fingers back. He still held the one extremely tight as he stalked off, though! What an oddball.
So, sadly, no direct sun basking and no recent weight to satisfy my curiosity. My only worry now is what will happen if he needs to go to the vet, how will I ever get him out??? Hopefully we won't have to find out!

This was our position for quite some time, just waiting....
20170806_133152.jpg

After he stormed off and realized he was leaving a foot behind, he pulled it in and just glared at me from a back branch.
20170806_133108.jpg

@jajeanpierre is this the sort of grumpy you had referred to about one of his siblings? He sometimes even puffs up when I just open the door, sit back, and quietly hang out with no attempt to reach in or anything. He just likes to be alone! Ha

My mother in law suggested that perhaps he needs a girlfriend :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom