Updates on Olivander the TQ Gracilior (and Co.)

@maryanne27 He looks magnificent! So blue! He has a wonderfully big sail fin and dorsal crest. I love the last picture with the flash of ruby red nails. When the light catches them, they look like sparkling rubies. You've done a great job with him.

Happy hatch day!!!! Well, around then.... Can't remember if it was Feb 4, 5, or 6 Haha either way, Olivander is one year old! He weighed in at 71 grams today.

I gave him some extra juicy hornworms and let him crawl about on some other plants while I complete took apart, cleaned, and upgraded his enclosure. He was starting to get too big for the smaller branches, so I swapped them out for something a little thicker. I also rearranged the vines and switched out some plants to give him a change of scenery.

Little weirdo completely ignored the plants I set him up with while I cleaned - he preferred to creep along the table instead. At one point I caught him hanging by his tail off the edge of the table! He is a strong little bugger. Plus I put his favorite schefflera in the sun by the window but for SOME reason the edge of the pot seemed more comfortable than the larger, leafy upper branches. Haha oh well! At least he was happy.

No super awesome pics today, but here are a few of him munching down on the worm and his adventures.

20170206_114635.jpg
20170206_114938.jpg
20170206_115505.jpg
20170206_125608.jpg

Just got back from a trip to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Florida!!! I was pretty pumped to cut the logo off of my wand bag to make a sign for my little dino. Clearly, I have been forgetting an "L" in his name this entire time (give me a break.... Haven't read the series since 6 months before I got him).

20170227_103932.jpg

Anyways, my husband took great care of Ollivander while I was gone. He had some neat looking pj's on tonight so I thought I'd share. Well, mostly just some cool looking cheek scales. Very dragon-esque tonight. Nice shot of the nails, too.

20170227_190651.jpg

Just got back from a trip to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Florida!!! I was pretty pumped to cut the logo off of my wand bag to make a sign for my little dino. Clearly, I have been forgetting an "L" in his name this entire time (give me a break.... Haven't read the series since 6 months before I got him).

View attachment 177353

Anyways, my husband took great care of Ollivander while I was gone. He had some neat looking pj's on tonight so I thought I'd share. Well, mostly just some cool looking cheek scales. Very dragon-esque tonight. Nice shot of the nails, too.

View attachment 177355

I have always wondered if that's where you got his name. I plan on taking my Nephew there this Fall. How was it? He has been begging to go and I said yes like I was doing him a favor. But I'm secretly more excited than he is! Lol.

Ollivander looks wonderful by the way.

I have always wondered if that's where you got his name. I plan on taking my Nephew there this Fall. How was it? He has been begging to go and I said yes like I was doing him a favor. But I'm secretly more excited than he is! Lol.

Ollivander looks wonderful by the way.

I had a handful of ridiculous names for him, but he just seemed so magical I had to go with Ollivander ;) haha and it was AMAZING!!!!! I feel like even people who have no idea about anything Harry Potter will find it interesting. Fans will absolutely love it. I started reading the books when they came out when I was 10, so after 17 years, it was a dream come true! I am not ashamed to admit that I teared up a bit... ok, often. haha I want to move so I can work there!

Omg I had now idea about this thread. So glad I stumbled across it. I do agree he probably needs to be sent back to Janet or some other way needs to be arranged for you two to work on breeding his genes in. He definitely took after his daddy. Gorgeous boy.

'Bout that time for an update again @jajeanpierre

I weighed Ollivander a couple weeks ago and he tipped 80 grams! Still just rocking on.

20170313_160746.jpg

20170316_101732.jpg

And not too thrilled with the phone. He is extremely strong, though....Just check out those Popeye muscles! Haha

Just tonight he looked super cute all curled up for bed, and I just had to share.

20170404_200001.jpg

Also, 2 days ago my Great Dane Nymeria finally realized that something was living in the giant plant cage. Oli was hunting, rustling a few leaves when Nym caught sight of movement. She watched, growled softly, then promptly ran away as any gentle giant would when confronted by the existence of tiny walking leaf things :rolleyes:. Nym came back a few minutes later, just in time to watch Oli catch and chomp a cricket. Of course, this made the timerous beastie jump, whimper, and run away again :LOL: I was dying!!! And I am so sad I only got a pic and not a video.

20170402_131536.jpg

'Bout that time for an update again @jajeanpierre

I weighed Ollivander a couple weeks ago and he tipped 80 grams! Still just rocking on.

View attachment 179762

View attachment 179763

And not too thrilled with the phone. He is extremely strong, though....Just check out those Popeye muscles! Haha

Just tonight he looked super cute all curled up for bed, and I just had to share.

View attachment 179764

Also, 2 days ago my Great Dane Nymeria finally realized that something was living in the giant plant cage. Oli was hunting, rustling a few leaves when Nym caught sight of movement. She watched, growled softly, then promptly ran away as any gentle giant would when confronted by the existence of tiny walking leaf things :rolleyes:. Nym came back a few minutes later, just in time to watch Oli catch and chomp a cricket. Of course, this made the timerous beastie jump, whimper, and run away again :LOL: I was dying!!! And I am so sad I only got a pic and not a video.

View attachment 179765

You are killing me with his blues!!! @jpowell86

OMG.....Janet(@jajeanpierre) that second photo looks just like YingLong. WOW!! That is amazing @maryanne27...you are doing a fabulous job with him. Of all the graciliors I have seen Janet send to her customers, yours is in the best condition. Keep up the stellar work and breed those blues back PLEASE!!

OMG.....Janet(@jajeanpierre) that second photo looks just like YingLong. WOW!! That is amazing @maryanne27...you are doing a fabulous job with him. Of all the graciliors I have seen Janet send to her customers, yours is in the best condition. Keep up the stellar work and breed those blues back PLEASE!!

Thanks so much! I am so happy to hear that you pros approve of his condition haha also a little sad that the others are possibly not doing as well.
Anyways, he really does look like YingLong - a little grumpier during photo shoots, though :rolleyes: I agree, we definitely need to keep these blues coming!

Gorgeous. Just gorgeous. I want one. Save me a baby someday?

I have babies right now that are full brothers to Olivander I'm offering for $150 plus shipping. These will be the last YingLong babies.

If you can keep them humid enough (a mister is pretty much a necessity) and cool enough (cage shouldn't get above 78F max at the top of the cage so no basking bulbs), they will do very well for novices. They are not complicated. I suspect humidity is the key and a MistKing can solve that. This is a very hardy species. They must be much hardier than Jacksons since their babies are very tough and don't die easily. Jacksons seem to do well as babies for several months and then just up and die for no apparent reason. These are not like that at all. Once past the vulnerable neonate state, they just flourish. That's what I've found. Novices do very well with them if they pay attention to the two important issues--humidity and temps.

I have babies right now that are full brothers to Olivander I'm offering for $150 plus shipping. These will be the last YingLong babies.

If you can keep them humid enough (a mister is pretty much a necessity) and cool enough (cage shouldn't get above 78F max at the top of the cage so no basking bulbs), they will do very well for novices. They are not complicated. I suspect humidity is the key and a MistKing can solve that. This is a very hardy species. They must be much hardier than Jacksons since their babies are very tough and don't die easily. Jacksons seem to do well as babies for several months and then just up and die for no apparent reason. These are not like that at all. Once past the vulnerable neonate state, they just flourish. That's what I've found. Novices do very well with them if they pay attention to the two important issues--humidity and temps.

Gorgeous. Just gorgeous. I want one. Save me a baby someday?

I Highly recommend getting one! They really are pretty easy. I have my MistKing and lights all on timers. I have to adjust the misting schedule and maybe run a humidifier during season changes to account for PA winter dryness; I run a window AC during summer. Just monitor and feed appropriately with calcium dust and we are good to go!!!

@maryanne27 This picture shows Olivander's dad's colors. I never could get a good picture of him showing his every day colors because he would get aggressive about the phone in his face. My cages aren't such that I can just open the door and take a picture so he had plenty of time to get annoyed. These are his normal colors. Yes, he was trying to gore me. I was taking him out of the Giselle's cage and he didn't approve. The picture is not great, it's out of focus, the blues on his cheeks are a bit over exposed but at least you can see how he sparkled. He was just a gorgeous animal. @jpowell86
20160330_184521.jpg

Another more relaxed picture.
20160306_191248.jpg

Argh! I love it!
I reallllly want one, but right now I've got my hands full with one chameleon. Hopefully some day. Will you have any more TQ. Graciliors in the future?

Argh! I love it!
I reallllly want one, but right now I've got my hands full with one chameleon. Hopefully some day. Will you have any more TQ. Graciliors in the future?

That's too funny--having your hands full with one chameleon. I will probably have more graciliors. I have a large collection of them.

Back
Top Bottom