Updates on Olivander the TQ Gracilior (and Co.)

I love how different he looks from my guy who is his half brother. Tormund is all yellows and golds in his cheeks and neck area where your guy shows those cool blues! They develop quite the grip, despite being about half the size of an adult panther male his grip is without a doubt just as strong or stronger!

This thread is pretty much becoming my journal for Olivander's progress, so even if no one else is interested in this update, I need it for the numbers (I always forget to write the weight down). He is just about 10 months old and weighing in at 62 grams! No pictures today... my hands were full holding him and his food. Once the food was gone, he just wanted to get back in his jungle. His red nails are quite noticeable now, all four horns are looking impressive, his sails are flying high, and his colors are beautiful today. You'll just have to take my word for it ;)

I'm interested! I'm interested!

I love how different he looks from my guy who is his half brother. Tormund is all yellows and golds in his cheeks and neck area where your guy shows those cool blues! They develop quite the grip, despite being about half the size of an adult panther male his grip is without a doubt just as strong or stronger!

I love your guy's name! The yellow and gold is super cool looking, but I am just obsessed with the blues. And you aren't kidding about that killer grip! When he is comfortable-ish it is pretty strong, but when he gets stressed and tightens up, it is hard to believe something that small can be so strong. I tell my friends chameleons are basically color-changing muscles with a tongue, and Olivander is definitely proof of that!

Here's Olivander's clutch mate that I held back. Olivander seems to be much bluer than mine. I can't say enough, your Olivander is gorgeous; you've done a great job with him. I would love to see some body shots. I thought mine was as blue, but he's showing a lot of yellows when he gets excited. Relaxed, he's very blue. He is not happy with my phone, so the yellows are showing. You can see the blues on his casque. He has a particularly beautiful casque, very high and arched. He's the same size as Olivander--I weighed him today for you, 63g.

20161202_125748.jpg

20161202_130700.jpg

Here's Olivander's clutch mate that I held back. Olivander seems to be much bluer than mine. I can't say enough, your Olivander is gorgeous; you've done a great job with him. I would love to see some body shots. I thought mine was as blue, but he's showing a lot of yellows when he gets excited. Relaxed, he's very blue. He is not happy with my phone, so the yellows are showing. You can see the blues on his casque. He has a particularly beautiful casque, very high and arched. He's the same size as Olivander--I weighed him today for you, 63g.

View attachment 171134

View attachment 171135

Oh my, he is just beautiful. I love those few scales on the front of his casque that look like glowing jewels!!! I'm glad he and his brother are about the same weight.... Makes me feel like I'm doing good! Everyone says I am, but I really just let the misting and lights go, feed him, and let him do his own thing Hahaha I don't feel like I do too much. He just comes from excellent breeding ;)

Oh my, he is just beautiful. I love those few scales on the front of his casque that look like glowing jewels!!! I'm glad he and his brother are about the same weight.... Makes me feel like I'm doing good! Everyone says I am, but I really just let the misting and lights go, feed him, and let him do his own thing Hahaha I don't feel like I do too much. He just comes from excellent breeding ;)

His mother is a rock star. She herself is incredibly robust. She was imported gravid and lay her first clutch for me maybe six weeks after import and she has been producing large, healthy clutches ever since.

I'm really interested to see pictures of Olivander when he is excited, to see if he has any yellows or is always blue.

His mother is a rock star. She herself is incredibly robust. She was imported gravid and lay her first clutch for me maybe six weeks after import and she has been producing large, healthy clutches ever since.

I'm really interested to see pictures of Olivander when he is excited, to see if he has any yellows or is always blue.

The only time I have seen any yellow on him is those few splotches when he was stressed. He pretty much shifts between various greens and blues! I keep trying to get a good full body shot, but he is just not cooperating. As soon as I get some more pics, I'll post them!

Looking good! Love his blues and nice horn development for his age. I noticed when I was giving Tormund his meds yesterday that he's just starting to show signs of a third set coming in.

Looking good! Love his blues and nice horn development for his age. I noticed when I was giving Tormund his meds yesterday that he's just starting to show signs of a third set coming in.

That's great! Aw what is wrong with poor Tormund that he needs meds?

@maryanne27 He is so damn gorgeous! I'll take him back in a heart beat. Has he ever shown any yellows on his cheeks?

Not only does he have a gorgeous tall sail fin but he has a really tall dorsal crest on his back.

I know, I love it! He is just so handsome haha No yellows on the cheeks... just those few angry splotches above the shoulder that one day. The closest he gets to yellow is a light green, but it still isn't really yellow.

@jajeanpierre I'd be ok sending him back to you for breeding - you're the only one that I would ever send him to! Otherwise, this gorgeous, grumpy gracillior is staying right here with me! :ROFLMAO:

He got an infection in his lower lip, likely a scratch from a feeder. He's on baytril for a week hopefully it clears it up!

I'm glad it isn't anything too terrible. I hope he gets better soon!

And thank you EVERYONE for all the compliments!

Oh and I'm obsessed with his dorsal crest, sail fin, and the incredible texture of his scales... That is why there is a little collage of the closeups :ROFLMAO:

Hey @maryanne27. He is looking fantastic! You are still doing an awesome job with him!

Janet(@jajeanpierre), that last pic made me think of YingLong. Those blues!! Maryanne, his nails are sooooo red in that pic too. Love it!

Thanks!! And yeah those nails in the last pic are AWESOME! I was so bummed I missed getting more of them in the shot. I wasn't really looking at the screen when I clicked haha

Back
Top Bottom