3 weeks update

Camel Leon

Well, Atticus has had me as a cham-daddy for one month now (actually 3 weeks)........he's settled in and eating well, ate his first hornworm out of his bowl today. He has learned to go eat when I hang the food bowl out, he's really got a great range with that tongue, and just doesn't miss! I repurposed an old liquor cabinet to build his home, and I'm really glad for the extra width (4' tall, 4' wide) because he really moves all over the place. He has unbelievable colors and seems to be gaining some weight.

We got off to a rocky start in the "trust" department. The first day I had him, I was watching him and he fell off the limb onto the bottom of the enclosure, and just twisted around for a minute (I think he was disoriented a little from his trip). I was concerned and wanted to help, so I reached in to pick him up and put him back on the limb.....needless to say, he did not appreciate the help and lunged/bit me on the index finger. I try to leave him alone and not handle him, but yesterday he was hanging upside down on the top of the cage and looked like he was in a bind, so I went to help him and had a curious thing happen.....he flared up and put his mouth around my index finger but did not apply any pressure. Don't know what to make of that.

I got a dripper for him but he did not drink from the leaf, he drank from the dripper stem.....so I got a regular pet dripper (like for a rabbit/parrot etc). Works out good.

I also put a couple of Google Indoor Nest cameras on him so I could watch him while at work. I had a conversation with someone on another thread about this, so I thought I would mention how well they are working out.

Here are a couple of pics of the cameras, and the third pic is a screenshot of the viewer on my PC

cam1.jpg
cam2.jpg
camscreenshot.jpg

Thanks for the kind remarks......I do have a question though.....I usually don't see Atticus until 10:30 -11:00 every morning....is that normal for a chameleon ?

Thanks for the kind remarks......I do have a question though.....I usually don't see Atticus until 10:30 -11:00 every morning....is that normal for a chameleon ?
What time do your lights start kicking on? You might consider putting in some more branches so he has more ways to get out and move up to basking.

Grow LED: 7am – 9pm
UVB: 8am – 8pm
Basking: 9am – 2pm

He may have so many hiding places that he doesn't feel compelled to come out? I would think he would come up to bask first thing though.....I'll put in a few more branches or vines....thanks!

Grow LED: 7am – 9pm
UVB: 8am – 8pm
Basking: 9am – 2pm

He may have so many hiding places that he doesn't feel compelled to come out? I would think he would come up to bask first thing though.....I'll put in a few more branches or vines....thanks!
Yeah I would add some more pathways. Right now if he ends up sleeping like on the right side in all the plants he has to find his way out to a branch. I would just make it so he has more and then he can also fully utilize the entire space.

Back
Top Bottom