Updates on Olivander the TQ Gracilior (and Co.)

maryanne27

Avid Member
Because I can't help myself! He is 4.5 months old and weighed in at 17 grams today, officially doubling the 8.5 g weight when I got him on May 4. He now sometimes eats out of my hand and doesn't mind me handling him sometimes (certain days he is not keen on coming out so I leave him be). Not a ton of pictures on my phone to share, but one of these days I'll load the ones from my actual camera.

Thanks for looking!
20160617_114318.jpg
20160609_161637.jpg

20160609_212431.jpg

Oh and this is Cupcake my new crested gecko... Just because

20160612_210155.jpg

That's great news. Do you see he's got four horns now? And so blue!

I did! I love it! He is getting so big... I can't wait to put him in his big cage. It is 2x2 1/2 feet long/wide, 4 feet high, so I'll probably give it a little bit longer. He is growing fast, though! :)

Because I can't help myself! He is 4.5 months old and weighed in at 17 grams today, officially doubling the 8.5 g weight when I got him on May 4. He now sometimes eats out of my hand and doesn't mind me handling him sometimes (certain days he is not keen on coming out so I leave him be). Not a ton of pictures on my phone to share, but one of these days I'll load the ones from my actual camera.

Thanks for looking!
View attachment 160142 View attachment 160143
View attachment 160144

Oh and this is Cupcake my new crested gecko... Just because

View attachment 160145
Awesome pictures....Thank you for sharing.

Well I'm just gonna keep this thread going instead of starting another one... More updates!!!

Olivander is now over 8 months old, healthy, active, and happy if the dogs and I keep a distance. I totally understand him getting freaked out when the great Dane walks in but it is so funny to see him flatten out and flip to the other side of the branch Haha anyways, some days he likes me better than others. Today was one of those days because he came out for some silkworms! Managed to get him on the scale just long enough to see that he is a whopping 51 GRAMS!! 4 months ago he was only 17 g. Definitely developing the signature Gracilior look... High Dorsal crest, sail fin, beard, and his nails are turning red. Here are a few pics from today! And again, anyone looking for an incredible TQ Gracilior, always check with @jajeanpierre first to see if she has any - I'm in love with this one from her!

Trying to get him to climb on the scale branch
20161015_140606.jpg

Such a handsome boy!
20161015_141326.jpg

His nails are going to be so much prettier than mine... Not the best shot though
20161015_141313.jpg

Peekin
20161015_141624.jpg

Well I'm just gonna keep this thread going instead of starting another one... More updates!!!

Olivander is now over 8 months old, healthy, active, and happy if the dogs and I keep a distance. I totally understand him getting freaked out when the great Dane walks in but it is so funny to see him flatten out and flip to the other side of the branch Haha anyways, some days he likes me better than others. Today was one of those days because he came out for some silkworms! Managed to get him on the scale just long enough to see that he is a whopping 51 GRAMS!! 4 months ago he was only 17 g. Definitely developing the signature Gracilior look... High Dorsal crest, sail fin, beard, and his nails are turning red. Here are a few pics from today! And again, anyone looking for an incredible TQ Gracilior, always check with @jajeanpierre first to see if she has any - I'm in love with this one from her!

Trying to get him to climb on the scale branch
View attachment 168433

Such a handsome boy!
View attachment 168434

His nails are going to be so much prettier than mine... Not the best shot though
View attachment 168435

Peekin
View attachment 168436

Olivander is looking great Maryanne! You're doing a great job with him. I'm sure you have figured out by now that they aren't nearly as fragile as people used to make them out to be. I find them to be quite tough.

Loving the blues!

OMG, he is beautiful! I was just thinking about you for the past few days--I was going to send you a pm in the next few days when I found a moment. The nails will get deeper and deeper red. They will blanch white with his mood, too. You've done a great job with him!

Do you ever see any yellows in his cheeks?

Olivander is looking great Maryanne! You're doing a great job with him. I'm sure you have figured out by now that they aren't nearly as fragile as people used to make them out to be. I find them to be quite tough.

Loving the blues!

Thank you! And you aren't kidding.... He is a tough bugger, and so easy now. After switching to his nice big cage a while back and getting the perfect cool temp and humidity, he is basically stress free. Montane species really are the best!

OMG, he is beautiful! I was just thinking about you for the past few days--I was going to send you a pm in the next few days when I found a moment. The nails will get deeper and deeper red. They will blanch white with his mood, too. You've done a great job with him!

Do you ever see any yellows in his cheeks?

Hahaha I realized it has been a while since I gave you an update, so I figured I better get on that! And thanks so much!

I can't wait to watch those nails get deeper, and that is really interesting that they change with mood too.
So far I don't notice any yellow. He gets a rusty orange patch on his head, maybe a sort of yellow-orange sometimes. Typically he is all greens and blues, though, especially around his eyes! The dark bar makes the aqua pop... It is stunning. I'll keep an eye out to see if he ever gets a bit more yellow!

Olivander has got some great grayish blue coloring. Seems somewhat unique to the Trioceros quadricornis gracilors that Janet has. I think he would make a good breeder. I look forward to your posts of Olivander in the future.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I took Olivander out today for a major strip down cleaning of his cage and some repotting/rearranging of plants. Despite being lured with and fed his favorite silk worms, he was not thrilled. He had some interesting colors and patterns, though.... @jajeanpierre he finally showed a few spots of yellow! It must just show up when he is stressed since typically he displays bright blues and greens - today he showed some darker blues which made a few yellow spots pop above his shoulder. This isn't the best quality picture, but I was trying to hurry so I could get him comfortable again. This is when he realized he had been tricked and was being banished to a different plant across the room.

20161120_133508.jpg

Oh and I have to add that holy crap he is strong!! At first his grip was normal, but when I brought him across the room he tightened up all over. It was intense! I feel bad I stressed him but I am glad he is so healthy. Had he been a bit more relaxed I would have tried to weigh him.... He wasn't in the mood, though.

I took Olivander out today for a major strip down cleaning of his cage and some repotting/rearranging of plants. Despite being lured with and fed his favorite silk worms, he was not thrilled. He had some interesting colors and patterns, though.... @jajeanpierre he finally showed a few spots of yellow! It must just show up when he is stressed since typically he displays bright blues and greens - today he showed some darker blues which made a few yellow spots pop above his shoulder. This isn't the best quality picture, but I was trying to hurry so I could get him comfortable again. This is when he realized he had been tricked and was being banished to a different plant across the room.

View attachment 170405

He looks fantastic. His blues are amazing. Good job!

This thread is pretty much becoming my journal for Olivander's progress, so even if no one else is interested in this update, I need it for the numbers (I always forget to write the weight down). He is just about 10 months old and weighing in at 62 grams! No pictures today... my hands were full holding him and his food. Once the food was gone, he just wanted to get back in his jungle. His red nails are quite noticeable now, all four horns are looking impressive, his sails are flying high, and his colors are beautiful today. You'll just have to take my word for it ;)

Back
Top Bottom