Unwanted bugs

kaylie

Having a real problem here... All my reptiles (cham, tort, gecko) are in my room, along with my roaches. I've started seeing roaches that AREN'T mine, and now somehow I have mosquitoes. The mosquitoes don't come all al once, they come one at a time till I kill one, then the next comes at me. What can I do to get rid of my unwanted bugs that won't harm my reptiles and roaches? Moving them out of the room for a little while isn't an option.

get some roach traps for the roaches, that way you don't have to spray. Hide them in places that your other pets, such as dogs and cats will not have acess to them I am not sure what say about the mosquitos other than swatting them? Where do you think they are coming from? Are you keeping food around that the roaches would be attracted to?

Having a real problem here... All my reptiles (cham, tort, gecko) are in my room, along with my roaches. I've started seeing roaches that AREN'T mine, and now somehow I have mosquitoes. The mosquitoes don't come all al once, they come one at a time till I kill one, then the next comes at me. What can I do to get rid of my unwanted bugs that won't harm my reptiles and roaches? Moving them out of the room for a little while isn't an option.

Mosquitoes breed from a water source, eliminate the standing water. It doesnt take much they will breed in a bucket, old tire, a tarp where water is trapped. If they are actually breeding inside the room you need to improve your drain system.

This is a good question. I live out in the country on a farm, and alway have to spray. Usually I just put a perimeter around the outside and it keeps stuff out. This year I have been having ants everywhere still. I have all food sealed away. I put out ant traps, but they did no help. I'm not sure what to do about them. My sister suggested the combat gel that is odorless, but I wanted to see if anyone has experience with this. I have cats too. Kinda scared the ants are going to attack my chameleons. They cleaned out my cricket colony in a day. When I noticed they were carrying the eggs away. Can you believe ants tear crickets apart to get them out of a critter keeper?
Sorry don't mean to highjack your thread, but maybe you could try the odorless gel if you don't have animals that are running around.

Diatomaceous earth. It kills ALLLL sorts of bugs. Natural, organic, safe and not too expensive!

Clean????

Mosquitoes are attracted to CO2. Either your running around gets them all hot and bothered or something else?

Mosquitoes breed from a water source, eliminate the standing water. It doesn't take much they will breed in a bucket, old tire, a tarp where water is trapped. If they are actually breeding inside the room you need to improve your drain system.

Thank you, now it makes sense. I will do what I can about my rain system and wash out the catch bucket so it's fresh. It's only in my room so that has to be it. How can I prevent it from happening again? My pump just sits in a 5gal bucket.

Carol, I will try the traps. I don't think it's food, my house is very old and I've always randomly seen a little one run to hide, but when I had a beast next to me on my bed and then another run across my foot, I had enough...

Any input on that gel would be cool too. I will just have to tell Little Man (cat) he can't come take his supervised naps on my bed anymore ;)

Pssh, I have no idea what kind of roaches they are. The normal house ones you don't want? And I'll look into that stuff.

Picasso, I have no a/c in my room, only a cooling fan. Doesn't feel like it, but the room temp on the fan says 82, so yeah, it gets hot. Plus it's very small in here.

Maybe you could try to adapt a cover for the bucket. Screen will work also if this is your drain bucket and can't put a hard top on it. If the water is sitting long enough for the mosquitoes then the water may also be contributing to bug problem too.

Thank you, now it makes sense. I will do what I can about my rain system and wash out the catch bucket so it's fresh. It's only in my room so that has to be it. How can I prevent it from happening again? My pump just sits in a 5gal bucket.

Carol, I will try the traps. I don't think it's food, my house is very old and I've always randomly seen a little one run to hide, but when I had a beast next to me on my bed and then another run across my foot, I had enough...

Any input on that gel would be cool too. I will just have to tell Little Man (cat) he can't come take his supervised naps on my bed anymore ;)

Pssh, I have no idea what kind of roaches they are. The normal house ones you don't want? And I'll look into that stuff.

Picasso, I have no a/c in my room, only a cooling fan. Doesn't feel like it, but the room temp on the fan says 82, so yeah, it gets hot. Plus it's very small in here.

for all my resivoirs (chameleon misting system, drinking water, and hydroponics) they have circulator pumps in them to produce water movement, they cant breed in it if its moving, it also keeps the water fresher for longer periods as the movement creates oxygen in it...

Back
Top Bottom