Thinking of getting back into it

jamest0o0

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hey all, been a couple years since I’ve had a chameleon. Nice to see some of you I know are still here. Now that I finished school(sorta) and will be working regularly, I’m itching to get a Cham/reptile again. Life doesn’t feel right without one(or twelve). I think my boys would greatly appreciate a pet as well. ATM I’ve only been gardening and keeping houseplants, along with having 2 cats.

I’m wondering what is being bred these days? I’m a big fan of pretty much all of the trioceros, parsonii, melleri, panthers, and oustalets even seem pretty cool. I’ve been leaning most towards a Kenyan bloodline xanth if those are a possibility or maybe even just going with a panther. The larger Chams I may not be able to make room for, but I’d still like to hear about any and all options for captive bred that are out there these days.

JAMESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS THE BUG LORD!

Welcome back buddy! How are the babies and your wife? Congrats on finishing school!

Best Friends Love GIF by Kennysgifs

Welcome back! Leigh has had some health issues and been finding homes for her panthers. I know you live close to her. You should check and see if she had anymore that she has to part with.
Nice to see you Jann, hope you all are doing well! I’m sorry to hear that about her. I’ll try and reach out.
Welcome back James, we missed you!
Ay! How’s it been? Any awesome new enclosures/chams?
JAMES! OMGOMGOMG! You’re back! Whoo hoo! You have certainly been missed. Yay! 🥳
Missed talking to you all as well, what’s new with you? How are the animals?
JAMESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS THE BUG LORD!

Welcome back buddy! How are the babies and your wife? Congrats on finishing school!

Best Friends Love GIF by Kennysgifs
Hey!! Thank you! How are things? What have you been up to?? I actually kept 3 small bug bins that I forget about most of the time, but are still thriving in my garage lol.

Wife is good, we’ve really got into landscaping and gardening in our yard as a hobby. Boys are almost 5 and 6… times flying

Do etttttttttttttttttttttttt.

Welcome back!!
What’s up! I think you’d be proud of Alexa and my more recent plant obsession haha.

OMG…I was just checking last week to see when your last visit and post to the site occurred and wondering if you’d be back! Welcome back!
Great to see you too, I actually checked to see if you were here too because last I was I think you were having trouble getting on here or something and weren’t posting.

Hey!! Thank you! How are things? What have you been up to?? I actually kept 3 small bug bins that I forget about most of the time, but are still thriving in my garage lol.

Wife is good, we’ve really got into landscaping and gardening in our yard as a hobby. Boys are almost 5 and 6… times flying
That is awesome glad to hear it! You do not have to tell me about time flying... Alora just completed her freshman year of college. It is just nuts. I remember when your 5 year old was just a wee baby. CRAZY.

Per species... Not seeing the Mellers really anymore. Not sure if Dale is still breeding. I heard he did not have unrelated male to females he could breed. You know if you want a Parsons that Craig is your guy. He has been posting some gorgeous babies. A few people are trying to establish Brevicorne... @SteveH is waiting for eggs. He knows people within that area.

Nice to see you Jann, hope you all are doing well! I’m sorry to hear that about her. I’ll try and reach out.

Ay! How’s it been? Any awesome new enclosures/chams?

Missed talking to you all as well, what’s new with you? How are the animals?

What’s up! I think you’d be proud of Alexa and my more recent plant obsession haha.

Great to see you too, I actually checked to see if you were here too because last I was I think you were having trouble getting on here or something and weren’t posting.
I was having trouble getting on here at one point. But I’m back now!
Glad you are too!

That is awesome glad to hear it! You do not have to tell me about time flying... Alora just completed her freshman year of college. It is just nuts. I remember when your 5 year old was just a wee baby. CRAZY.

Per species... Not seeing the Mellers really anymore. Not sure if Dale is still breeding. I heard he did not have unrelated male to females he could breed. You know if you want a Parsons that Craig is your guy. He has been posting some gorgeous babies. A few people are trying to establish Brevicorne... @SteveH is waiting for eggs. He knows people within that area.
It really is a trip! I hope college is going well for her. I’ll be sad when mine go off one day lol, they drive me crazy sometimes, but still love having them around. Do you have Cham's these days? I believe you moved to Arizona last we talked?

Sad about the mellers, I don’t know if I’d have space for them, but I love the idea of CB melleri being available regardless. Thank you for the info, I messaged Craig just out of curiosity to see what he has.

It really is a trip! I hope college is going well for her. I’ll be sad when mine go off one day lol, they drive me crazy sometimes, but still love having them around. Do you have Cham's these days? I believe you moved to Arizona last we talked?

Sad about the mellers, I don’t know if I’d have space for them, but I love the idea of CB melleri being available regardless. Thank you for the info, I messaged Craig just out of curiosity to see what he has.
Beman is still here. Turns 6 years old in June. Crazy huh? He has slowed down quite a bit and I am seeing the old age signs. Every time I think he might be going into a decline he seems to bounce back after I threaten him that he can not leave me. lol No other chams. Waiting until Alora is done with college and we relocate and buy a house. Too hard moving chams to different states and I just do not want to risk that again.

Nehhhh……..just the crew getting old. You already finished school, that’s quick, for my feeling, congrats mate 🤙🏻💪🏻
Well that’s not bad! And thank you, I’m finished to where I can work now, but still going on with more school and some volunteering.

Beman is still here. Turns 6 years old in June. Crazy huh? He has slowed down quite a bit and I am seeing the old age signs. Every time I think he might be going into a decline he seems to bounce back after I threaten him that he can not leave me. lol No other chams. Waiting until Alora is done with college and we relocate and buy a house. Too hard moving chams to different states and I just do not want to risk that again.
6 wow, it’s so cool seeing how old all the Cham’s are getting now with how much the care has improved over the years.

I get that about moving too, I don’t want to get anything this time around that I would need to rehome.

I’d like to think that me texting with you about getting a Jacksonii Jacksonii has put the spark back in your love of chameleons 😉

It was a surprise to hear from you! I definitely miss the hobby/community

Back
Top Bottom