Toronto Canada question

homer

Hey, this is a question for people that are in Toronto about hornmworms. I have recently run into an obstacle with getting hornworms, the local petshop says that the are no suppliers in Ontario to purchase hornworms from and there is new regulation about importing across the border. I was wondering if anyone knows where to purchase some in/around Toronto or even some different varieties of feeders - dubai roaches or phoenix worms? I live just north of the city and am looking to purchase some, as they are a staple for my guy and his water intake. He is finicky about drinking water from the leaves in his dwelling as I very rarely see him drink and am starting to get concerned about dehydration.

Not from TO but I do most of my feeder buys online, I haven't been able to get silks or hornworms for a while. Are you going to the November 22nd Missisauga Expo? Might get some there as there are feeders available. Also last place I was able to find silkworms was Petsmart, I know you want hornworms but silkworms may have to do until you find hornworms. Good luck I hope you find some thing. Not sure but I don't think Roaches are available here ,we hunted around for some and were told you can't get them, if you do find a source let me know.

There is a prevailing rumour that there are new regulations regarding the importation of worms from the states. My sources tell me this is misinformation. The one importer here in Canada has run into snags with permits due to his particular situation.

I expect that there will be worms available within a few months .

Roaches are illegal here, so you wont find them through legitimate channels.

In the mean time you might consider butterworms, as these are still available through feederfactory.ca . They also have silkworms from time to time.

If you are in the vicinity of Port Credit , you can also pick up from PCPC.

Thanks for clearing that up, I thought they were banned but wanted someone to confirm it. I'm hoping to get to the Nov. show but I'll have to stay away from your booth. LOL

I have had luck with finding silkworms in my neighbourhood (although they are rather large), but my guy is pretty picky and doesn't eat those as nearly as quickly as a hornworm. Butterworms are easily available as well. He does get those as a treat and does love those superworms as well. Crickets are rarely eaten, so that is why I am in a trying to find some hornworms or other feeders.
Thanks for everyones support and any other suggestions are greatly appreciated. Just to let everyone know, I am about an hour north of Toronto and I do enjoy driving, but work shiftwork which can make getting into stores at a regular business hour kinda difficult.

Are you sure dubia roaches are illegal everywhere in canada? I was under the impression that only certain bylaws prohibit them.

Back
Top Bottom