Thoughts on Bullying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know Stefan goes to 'a nice school' or lives in 'a nice neighbourhood' ?
Im just saying I wouldn't encourage violence these days.
Once, a good smack in the ear might've done wonders, but today, Its too risky, kid might make an
effort to obtain a weapon later, is just as likely today, not to mention, parents suit!
Why would you risk your kid getting arrested for assault, even if you were 'in the right'?
I wonder if Stefans Parents would appreciate him being advised to use violence?
If I were his father I would be a little less than happy about it.
I care what people are telling my daughters online, teens are vulnerable.
Teens have been goaded to suicide by asshats on facebook!
This is the world we live in.

Well, I still f'm up...then again that is me...

Oh no, getting kicked out of school is nothing bad. Colleges won't notice your bad behavior or anything.

Oh no, no repercussions..

Colleges are more interested in your academics rather than behavior. Besides they don't look at anything before HS. I got suspended, detention, etc. It hasn't affected my academic career yet. I'll be attending University in May.

Fight, fight, fight! lol. I just wanted to say that. Alright I'm done with this thread. Point made on both sides about fighting and not. It's the OP's decision now.

My internet is sloooww - my neigbhors are probably watching one of those MMA specials - so I am going nite nite...

Colleges are more interested in your academics rather than behavior. Besides they don't look at anything before HS. I got suspended, detention, etc. It hasn't affected my academic career yet. I'll be attending University in May.

Fight, fight, fight! lol. I just wanted to say that. Alright I'm done with this thread. Point made on both sides about fighting and not. It's the OP's decision now.
You'd be surprised what some colleges are more interested in.... I know someone who wasn't accepted into a prestigious university for not doing anything outside of school (as in extra-curric/community service), and another kid who got in a fight in middle school and they said they didn't want someone with something like that in their school.

Suppose it depends on the school, who knows.

Really, things have probably changed since some of you have been in school, put that into consideration.

How do you know Stefan goes to 'a nice school' or lives in 'a nice neighbourhood' ?
Im just saying I wouldn't encourage violence these days.
Once, a good smack in the ear might've done wonders, but today, Its too risky, the other kid might make an
effort to obtain a weapon later, is just as likely today, not to mention, parents suit!
Why would you risk your kid getting arrested for assault, even if you were 'in the right'?
I wonder if Stefans Parents would appreciate him being advised to use violence?
If I were his father I would be a little less than happy about it.
I care what people are telling my daughters online, teens are vulnerable.
Teens have been goaded to suicide by asshats on facebook!
This is the world we live in.

You're right. I'm not a parent yet so I don't think about those things. I'm just trying to be funny at the same time too. Oh well. :eek:

Can't we all get along? Of course not! Lets all go to In N Out and have a number one with grilled onion and extra sauce and watch time go by...

You'd be surprised what some colleges are more interested in.... I know someone who wasn't accepted into a prestigious university for not doing anything outside of school (as in extra-curric/community service), and another kid who got in a fight in middle school and they said they didn't want someone with something like that in their school.

Suppose it depends on the school, who knows.

Really, things have probably changed since some of you have been in school, put that into consideration.

Idk how long it's been around, or if it is in other states (but OP is in my state so it's relevant) but there is a program for minors who get in trouble. If a minor gets into some legal trouble, such as starting a fight at school or having weed, and are otherwise a good kid, they put you through a program that basically gives you a second chance at a clean slate. The record is cleared upon completion, and no school, cop, or anyone will be able to find this record. Even on applications when you're asked if you've ever been convicted of anything, you say no because it drops the charges. The only way anyone can find this record on you is if the courts look it up if you get into trouble a second time. I have been through it (for something dumb) and they told me that it would not ruin any chances I had with colleges, because "it" didn't exist anymore.

So, Stefan, you only get one shot, make it count!!
Jk ;)

You're right. I'm not a parent yet so I don't think about those things. I'm just trying to be funny at the same time too. Oh well.

Plenty of time to get in some practice Mate! :D

rent-a-kid-300x225.jpg

picking-nose-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom