THOUGHTS ON BREEDING FEEDERS (CRICKETS TO START)

Surinam can climb, but I don't know if i ever seen them do it. They like to burrow and will just keep digging around the bottom to hide. They're also small, but they're soft and you could easily feed off several of them at a time. Chams tend to like them too.

That’s what I have read. That’s why I decided on them over the other species available here. Just curious what do you use for substrate for them?

That’s what I have read. That’s why I decided on them over the other species available here. Just curious what do you use for substrate for them?

Just a mix of coco fiber, leaf litter, and moss. Though I'm sure they'd do fine with just about anything. I just make sure to have it around 5 inches or more deep.

Are super worms, and horn worms just not worth the effort? Just easier to go down to petstore and buy em. I know he cant live off em, but has anyone ever tried raising them?

I would go for breeding dubia roaches. They are cleaner, don't make noise, don't jump, and do not stink like crickets. They also don't carry parasites like crickets can.

Yeah my dubia are breeding EFFORTLESSLY. I didn't even raise heat or add extra humidity

Buying them is so inexpensive as well that if they're not a staple I dont see a point in breeding. I mean 1000 supers for 13 bucks? Yeah I'm not breeding those.
Not as cheap as you can get em tho, lol. Thanks for the help. So basically just house em, and feed lil bastards real good, and I should be fine eh? I rarely loose crickets, they stink but stay alive lol,

how bout snails? what kind? where to buy? and how to keep?
I have a nano aquarium FULL of baby nerites (that isn't supposed to happen, but she/he found a way...)

Any snails, if WC separate the eggs to prevent possible parasites. Helix aspersa can be bought on ebay, they generally like 75-80ish degrees. Very humid bins and lots of burrowing substrate. Feed a lot of greens, cuttlebones, and a protein source seems to help.

how bout snails? what kind? where to buy? and how to keep?
I have a nano aquarium FULL of baby nerites (that isn't supposed to happen, but she/he found a way...)
I was kind of wondering the same thing, this is something that is new to me. I never wouldve even thought of snails, till I read up on them on here.

Back
Top Bottom