THOUGHTS ON BREEDING FEEDERS (CRICKETS TO START)

I go through cycles of breeding crickets then stopping cause the smell and all the work.

What I have found to yield the most crickets is to only put the laying bin in for 2-3 days then move it to the incubation container. I wait a couple more days to put another laying bin in.

This gives them more time to breed and when the laying bin is in they will pack it full of eggs.

We keep ours in for about 2 weeks and we mist it daily. They seem to lay even if its dry but the moisture is for the eggs. Our hatch rate has varied greatly... we try to keep them around 80 degrees and we usually have pinheads anywhere within 2-4 weeks. We keep the old substrate aside and get hatchlings even 6-8 weeks out at room temp.

Great, thank you!

I go through cycles of breeding crickets then stopping cause the smell and all the work.

What I have found to yield the most crickets is to only put the laying bin in for 2-3 days then move it to the incubation container. I wait a couple more days to put another laying bin in.

This gives them more time to breed and when the laying bin is in they will pack it full of eggs.
Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom