***The Third Official Enclosure Picture Thread***

How long did it take for you to build this? I'm getting my cham in September and i'm going to start building my enclosure in about a month, im doing a lot of research at the moment to get ready for a bioactive. I plan on having it set up for a few weeks so i can get the hang of a bioactive before getting a cham and being stressed about both at once lol.

The build was spread over a few months, so I honestly don't have a solid grasp of the timeline! It was also my first attempt, and a lot of mistakes were made. A more recent 18x18x36 build I was able to complete in about 4 days time (spread over two weekends, with some minor work during the week), and it really only took that long because I'm very fussy haha!

Good luck with your build! I don't check the forums very often anymore, but if you have questions feel free to DM me. ?

A fairly recent picture of the chameleon build. It's changed a lot over time as I add/remove plants!

20200416_112451.jpg

The build was spread over a few months, so I honestly don't have a solid grasp of the timeline! It was also my first attempt, and a lot of mistakes were made. A more recent 18x18x36 build I was able to complete in about 4 days time (spread over two weekends, with some minor work during the week), and it really only took that long because I'm very fussy haha!

Good luck with your build! I don't check the forums very often anymore, but if you have questions feel free to DM me. ?

A fairly recent picture of the chameleon build. It's changed a lot over time as I add/remove plants!

View attachment 266848
it looks great!!! I hope to get mine done pretty quickly i love projects and so im hoping itll be a lot of fun. Thank you ill for sure dm you if i have any questions

Hello new to the Chameleon forums been a lurker for a few months, was wondering if anyone would like to critique my set up, always looking to improve the life of my boy.

CUDI

Ambanja Panther chameleon about 1 year old, male,

His cage is a 18x18x36 screen cage

Inside the cage I have 1 umbrella plant, 1 money tree, 1 pothos, and a mix of artificial foliage, about 3 main branches that give him access to all areas in the cage, Large river rocks covering any soil

2 cricket full throttle feeder cups in different positions

1 bowl at the bottom for his worms/roaches

A ReptiRain automatic mister hangs on the side, with 2 spray nozzles in opposite corners

A Little dripper

Hand mist every so often when needed

1 ZooMed 75w ReptiBasking spot lamp sits on top of the cage

1 14” reptisun T5HO terrarium hood sits on top of the cage diagonally

A zoomed thermometer and hygrometer sitting by basking spot
A thermometer towards the bottom of his cage near where he often hangs out

On 3 sides on the cage I’ve hung a water proof forest themed shower curtain ( more of a fabric not a plastic )

On the bottom I have a grate covered with a screen with a water tray underneath to catch excess water and easy draining

CB4CCF2C-F628-4A8A-A88F-DB11E81F6754.png
071C925B-95BE-41ED-9F4A-79FEFDCD7FF3.jpeg

View attachment 266848
I would love to see a blog post of what you have in here!

Almost done. Just have to finish painting the water reservoir and add some more plants. What do you guys think?
Looks incredible, but I have a couple of questions...
How does misting work with the Painted(?) drywall walls, drainage, etc?
Where is the UVB and what type?
Does Millie ever... um... "take a walk"? :rolleyes: What if she decides to? :unsure:

Here is my enclosure I just put together for my first chameleon. I got my 3 month old male Nosy Faly panther last week.
He seems to be enjoying the live plants and his new setup.

Attachments

• IMG_0890.JPG
    IMG_0890.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_0914.JPG
    IMG_0914.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_0871.JPG
    IMG_0871.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_0865.JPG
    IMG_0865.JPG
    270.1 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0907.JPG
    IMG_0907.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_0747.JPG
    IMG_0747.JPG
    199.7 KB · Views: 287
here are my 3 enclosures. Apologies for the reflection from the glass on the last photo.
Cage 1: 24x18x36 exo terra glass. Occupant: Jasmine, Female veiled 2 yrs old.
Cage 2: 24x18x36 exo terra glass. Occupant: Jango, Male Nosy Be panther 3 months old.
Cage 3: 30x18x36 komodo hybrid. Occupant: Jasper, Male sambava panther 1 1/2 years old.

Attachments

• IMG_1370.jpeg
    IMG_1370.jpeg
    280.3 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_1377.jpeg
    IMG_1377.jpeg
    233.7 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_1373.jpeg
    IMG_1373.jpeg
    354.2 KB · Views: 282
We actually had to thin out some of the cages beause the chams were just sitting at the top instead of being their usually explorative self

So you find a $50 icb tote and cut it in half. Now you have a 100% water proof basin
IMG_20180323_131323.jpg

IMG_20180329_164519.jpg

Then you buy one of those new "grow tents" for less than $200

IMG_20191123_180429.jpg

IMG_20191124_151337.jpg

If you get the 5x5 grow tent, you can fit 3 reptibreeze XLs in and have a nice controlled environment for winter. In the summer 2 adjoining sides can be flipped up. And here is lola sleeping under the washer overflow tray.

IMG_20191124_201706.jpg

Wow I’m absolutely floored by some of these, there are some really really impressive enclosures in here.
And there are quite a few more than functional efforts too great job people.
Here’s a recent one, it’s been growing about 3months,
I built this 17x 28 x42. Plexi with screen top and door.
I feel like the vines have stalled a bit in the last 4 weeks and I’m wondering if I need more drainage or more fertilizer.

I use a t8 reptisun 10.0
Jungle dawn 24” and the Arcata 40w flood as a basker
Monsoon Solo 7x at night, dripper by day.
I use a computer fan on a thermal switch that blows above 90deg.
I picked a couple of isopod varieties from the yard and some massive dairy cows from rainbow that are neat to see.
Springtails, and escapees of all kinds are in the mix, there’s a stowaway spider as well not sure what kind.
Apart from the usual plant suspects I have a clematis vine,
A justicia pectoralis and banisteriopisis caapi just for fun.
Oh yea I forgot some small orchid and a couple anthurium you can’t see. That picture is so iphone6 sorry.
There are a couple faker flowers in there and the geo-toy is built from zoom tools.
It takes a lot of attention to keep ants from invading it
(and everything else), but on balance I’ve been enjoying it a lot.

7EAB6F35-5890-43ED-90B1-E255D218C3B2.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom