***The Third Official Enclosure Picture Thread***

Wow I’m absolutely floored by some of these, there are some really really impressive enclosures in here.
And there are quite a few more than functional efforts too great job people.
Here’s a recent one, it’s been growing about 3months,
I built this 17x 28 x42. Plexi with screen top and door.
I feel like the vines have stalled a bit in the last 4 weeks and I’m wondering if I need more drainage or more fertilizer.

I use a t8 reptisun 10.0
Jungle dawn 24” and the Arcata 40w flood as a basker
Monsoon Solo 7x at night, dripper by day.
I use a computer fan on a thermal switch that blows above 90deg.
I picked a couple of isopod varieties from the yard and some massive dairy cows from rainbow that are neat to see.
Springtails, and escapees of all kinds are in the mix, there’s a stowaway spider as well not sure what kind.
Apart from the usual plant suspects I have a clematis vine,
A justicia pectoralis and banisteriopisis caapi just for fun.
Oh yea I forgot some small orchid and a couple anthurium you can’t see. That picture is so iphone6 sorry.
There are a couple faker flowers in there and the geo-toy is built from zoom tools.
It takes a lot of attention to keep ants from invading it
(and everything else), but on balance I’ve been enjoying it a lot.

is the bottom vented or open as well? I like the way the clear plexi glass looks, i bet it’d be cool looking with some blue leds wraped around it
Wow I’m absolutely floored by some of these, there are some really really impressive enclosures in here.
And there are quite a few more than functional efforts too great job people.
Here’s a recent one, it’s been growing about 3months,
I built this 17x 28 x42. Plexi with screen top and door.
I feel like the vines have stalled a bit in the last 4 weeks and I’m wondering if I need more drainage or more fertilizer.

I use a t8 reptisun 10.0
Jungle dawn 24” and the Arcata 40w flood as a basker
Monsoon Solo 7x at night, dripper by day.
I use a computer fan on a thermal switch that blows above 90deg.
I picked a couple of isopod varieties from the yard and some massive dairy cows from rainbow that are neat to see.
Springtails, and escapees of all kinds are in the mix, there’s a stowaway spider as well not sure what kind.
Apart from the usual plant suspects I have a clematis vine,
A justicia pectoralis and banisteriopisis caapi just for fun.
Oh yea I forgot some small orchid and a couple anthurium you can’t see. That picture is so iphone6 sorry.
There are a couple faker flowers in there and the geo-toy is built from zoom tools.
It takes a lot of attention to keep ants from invading it
(and everything else), but on balance I’ve been enjoying it a lot.

View attachment 274986
is the bottom vented or open as well? I like the concept & the way the clear plexi glass looks Too.Just curious what was the cost of this and how do you connect the sides/doors ect, glue?

is the bottom vented or open as well? I like the concept & the way the clear plexi glass looks Too.Just curious what was the cost of this and how do you connect the sides/doors ect, glue?
The door and the top are screened, there is a watertight bottom up to about 7”. I went really thin on drainage and substrate, probably should have done more.

Right now it’s about 3 hydroton balls deep with 1/4” of aquarium lava substrate and coconut fiber above that. Threw a good deal of char wood in for some variety, It hasn’t swamped out yet but it’s very moist down there.
The ISO’s seem to like it.
Some plants are potted in and some are just tucked.

I was able to pick up the Plexi for free from a work surplus so I saved a lot of money there. Plexi sheet is pretty prohibitive really.
But the acrylic solvent glues are pretty forgiving of less than perfect cuts. You could always use silicone sealant but the cure time is 24 hours with that. DF11133B-4DCC-4D8A-AA34-2DC9B4D44940.jpeg C6098910-38DD-4663-815C-C5B7A94682B9.jpeg 5A0BEB1E-143D-45FB-A9FC-83E08A28739B.jpeg
Material thickness varies depending on the panel, I tried to use the thinner stuff in less critical areas to save weight.

I had some trouble with the door which is held on by hinges,
Residential screen frame is too flimsy it gets torqued out of plane.
I eventually researched the heaviest commercial grade extruded frame material and special ordered it. I’d have to look it up again to tell the part but the specialty shop didn’t know what it was till I showed them , there is Still some diagonal flex in the corners but it’s within tolerance.

I made some jungle art in the driveway for looks, and BigGapFiller did a barely adequate job of looking tree-like in one corner.

1D67737D-2E91-4778-AECA-34D8D8DF56AD.jpeg 42A41731-E111-4C81-8B3D-66AF11DA8327.jpeg D3B20FF4-C79E-41E7-889D-994390FB5F6A.jpeg

Last edited:
You know I can't resist a good enclosure thread!! :D

Lighting: x2 HLG 65 quantum boards, suspended 8" off the top, as well as a 36" 5.0 UVB.

I’m not sure I have the standoff but,
Those HLG boards are impressive!
Poking around their site was informative, tho it’s pretty technical.
I had no information about the “deep red” flowering cycle I have to look more into that.

Wow! There are some awesome enclosures here. So much inspiration here on the forums!

I’m almost done with a (42”x42”) china cabinet enclosure conversion for a male Furcifer pardalis. I have other shots of the construction and build details if anyone is interested.

It’s a bio active setup with a MistKing system, fogger and drainage basin. Lighting is with Arcadia uvb, a few plant lights and a couple Jungle Dawn spot lights.
B562BA34-485A-45C4-BCF2-28531D3D1309.jpeg

Last edited:
32"w x 28"d x 48"h obviously still not finished but working on it daily. 2x4 stand 28" to the top. A washing machine drain pan for the bottom supported underneath. Did 1x4 around the bottom and tied the side in on that. I can take the whole screen off in one piece if ever need to move. Gonna start sanding and staining in the next couple days. All for this crazy eyed female veil Jade. Shes currently in a repti breeze 16x16x30 which shes gonna out grow soon. They seem flimsy imo. So i built something i may need a permit for lol. Ill post more when its done. Thank you all for info and help!

Attachments

• 20201018_143013.jpg
    20201018_143013.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 153
  • 20201005_165731.jpg
    20201005_165731.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 150
32"w x 28"d x 48"h obviously still not finished but working on it daily. 2x4 stand 28" to the top. A washing machine drain pan for the bottom supported underneath. Did 1x4 around the bottom and tied the side in on that. I can take the whole screen off in one piece if ever need to move. Gonna start sanding and staining in the next couple days. All for this crazy eyed female veil Jade. Shes currently in a repti breeze 16x16x30 which shes gonna out grow soon. They seem flimsy imo. So i built something i may need a permit for lol. Ill post more when its done. Thank you all for info and help!
Got some more done today. Door, sanding, moved the bottom braces to make it easier to get the bucket out. im gonna add a small shelf for her supplements and what not, where idk, kinda just thinking as i go lol. Gonna chamge the 1x4 on top to 1x8 to hide the lights etc.

Attachments

• 20201019_200314.jpg
    20201019_200314.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 149
  • 20201019_221718.jpg
    20201019_221718.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 150
  • 20201019_221744.jpg
    20201019_221744.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 148
Just curious @basshead469 Is your name like Bass as in the fish or as in Bass that you feel when you hit the dance floor or slappa da bass?
bass as in the fish lol. i fish tournaments and have a rod building business also if you are ever looking. Reel carolina rods, im on fb and ig. oh ya i bump that bass to lol. bassnectar my favorite

bass as in the fish lol. i fish tournaments and have a rod building business also if you are ever looking. Reel carolina rods, im on fb and ig. oh ya i bump that bass to lol. bassnectar my favorite
Right on! I'll check it out. I do both. I slappa da bass and I fish for them.

Right on! I'll check it out. I do both. I slappa da bass and I fish for them.
I feel like yall are speaking a foreign language right now lol. Is this Manspeak? I get the Bass fishing but what the heck are yall talking about for the other? :hilarious:

Back
Top Bottom