***The Third Official Enclosure Picture Thread***

Looking great so far. The first comment you’ll get, is you need linear UVB fixtures instead of compact ones you’re now using, they don’t provide enough UVB for your chams. Also read somewhere that chams don’t like to wall on those mossed vines, they don’t like it when it’s too the soft under their feet. Other members are more experienced in this and they’ll react shortly.

CROM

Aside from the UVB, I'm concerned about too much activity (lights & noise) after "lights out"—especially the enclosure closest to the TV, and with kids in the equation ("Let's go watch the chameleon!"). Most chameleons don't appreciate being the center of attention, and they require darkness at night. The converse is also true—the lights could be annoying/distracting when watching TV, and the temptation to turn off the chameleon's lights prematurely could be a source of stress.

In time, you may find an automatic misting system preferable, in which case a drainage system will be a boon.

You know I can't resist a good enclosure thread!! :D

~4.5 month old bioactive enclosure, for a female veiled chameleon. :love:

Enclosure: 36x18x36 ExoTerra. Front glass doors have been replaced by a screen panel for better airflow (mostly because I dropped/shattered a door :oops:)

Lighting: x2 HLG 65 quantum boards, suspended 8" off the top, as well as a 36" 5.0 UVB.

Plant List (in no particular order):
  • Small leaf Virginia creeper (sugar vine)
  • Peace lily
  • "wintergreen" club moss (Selaginella kraussiana)
  • Fittonia nerve plant
  • varigated creeping fig
  • creeping fig
  • Various mosses (locally foraged)
  • various airplants (tillandsia sp.)
  • fluffy ruffles boston fern
  • macodes sanderiana (jewel orchid)
  • macodes petola (jewel orchid)
  • Brazil philodendron
  • neon philodendron
  • lipstick vine (Aeschynanthus sp.)
  • flaming sword bromeliad
  • Neoregalia chiquita Linda
  • neoregalia Fireball
  • neoregalia gorion
  • Purple wandering jew
View attachment 256781

View attachment 256782

View attachment 256783

Blueprint for my layers and drainage:

View attachment 256784

Drainage access pipe:

View attachment 256785

And, of course, the cutie who lives there!

View attachment 256786
Wondering where you get your branches from? Do you collect them yourself or do you buy them somewhere? I wanted to go cut some branches behind my house but I don’t know what’s poisonous/ has sap. Is there a list somewhere of safe trees to cut from or a website I can buy from? 😊 For now I’m using some thin wood pieces I bought at michaels and one branch I found outside that seemed pretty sap free but I’d love to get some thicker more natural looking pieces. Love your enclosure, looks awesome!

Wondering where you get your branches from? Do you collect them yourself or do you buy them somewhere? I wanted to go cut some branches behind my house but I don’t know what’s poisonous/ has sap. Is there a list somewhere of safe trees to cut from or a website I can buy from? 😊 For now I’m using some thin wood pieces I bought at michaels and one branch I found outside that seemed pretty sap free but I’d love to get some thicker more natural looking pieces. Love your enclosure, looks awesome!
In general, hardwoods (deciduous) are safe; softwoods (conifers) are risky. Check for signs of bugs.

Some pictures of Ranjo´s little, still growing, jungle. It´s a bioactive, kind of butterfly cage for reptiles, 21.5 x 21.5 x 39 gaze enclosure for a Kinyongia Boehmei. I tried to make it as dense as possible and it keeps on growing by the day, especially the Schefflera. It´s provided with an 11.5" Arcadia Jungle Dawn led bar and a 36" Zoomed Reptisun Led / UVB hood.

Overview
qw.jpg

The large Bromelia in its full grow
qwas.jpg

The natural vines from the Scindapsus Pictus and Philodendron
qwe.jpg

Spagnum, leave litter and Chamaedorea Elegans
qwer.jpg

The beautiful Anthurium Andreanum ´Pink Jolie´hidden between the foliage
qwert.jpg

Some pictures of Ranjo´s little, still growing, jungle. It´s a bioactive, kind of butterfly cage for reptiles, 21.5 x 21.5 x 39 gaze enclosure for a Kinyongia Boehmei. I tried to make it as dense as possible and it keeps on growing by the day, especially the Schefflera. It´s provided with an 11.5" Arcadia Jungle Dawn led bar and a 36" Zoomed Reptisun Led / UVB hood.

Overview
View attachment 304523

The large Bromelia in its full grow
View attachment 304524

The natural vines from the Scindapsus Pictus and Philodendron
View attachment 304525

Spagnum, leave litter and Chamaedorea Elegans
View attachment 304526

The beautiful Anthurium Andreanum ´Pink Jolie´hidden between the foliage
View attachment 304527
Beautiful, some of those branches are very cool. Nothin beats the Jungle Dawn, my Ti plant has 6 blooms on it and I didn't even realize they bloomed.

Beautiful, some of those branches are very cool. Nothin beats the Jungle Dawn, my Ti plant has 6 blooms on it and I didn't even realize they bloomed.
Wow...that´s nice 👌. Yeah plant growth is amazing with the jungle dawn. The branches are from a local florist and cost just $5 each for 48"😇

Back
Top Bottom