***The Third Official Enclosure Picture Thread***

that's good I have a misting and a sansi led grow light. Do you mind me asking where you got it.
No problem, it was Home Depot but of course they are all different. Maybe you could ask them to order it if it is not in stock? I have seen online but they seem really expensive.

Impossible! It's too dense. I got him this AM just after he changed out of pj's and was waking up.

Also the bloom opened :)

Attachments

• sleep.jpg
    sleep.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 164
  • Ti blm.jpg
    Ti blm.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 169
OK so me and my mom just today finished making a cage for stormy (veiled male) and though it dosent have any plant or branches in it yet, i am still going to post some pics of it, and ill probably post another picture of it when its completely set up.
View attachment 287662 this is Stormy. just had to include a picture of who the cage is for.

But basically, first i drew the plans, we bought the wood, we measured the wood, we cut the wood, sanded it, painted it, a day later polyurethaned it with water based polyurethane. we did a couple layers of the poly. We did have to sand and then repaint some of the wood with the green paint though because when we were polying, we set the frame on some paper, which the polyurethane dripped onto and got under (the wood) so the paper stuck to it. As for what wood we used, it was cheap pine or whatever you get from Lowes. We used mainly 1 by 2s, but used 2 by 2s for the 4 corners, and for the whole bottom of the frame. We got the frame part assembled (FINALLY) and it looks like this: (the frame was in 2 pieces bc we couldnt get it in the house when it was one piece.
View attachment 287663View attachment 287664
After this i believe we started on the doors, which was like the cage all over again. We measured, cut, sanded, painted, polyed, etc. then put it together, made sure it fit in the doorways, (since the cage is custom it obviously wasn't exact so we had to adjust accordingly.)
After that we screened the doors, in the 40 degree weather for like 2 hours. It took awhile, about a half hour per door to put the screen on.

This is where we brought the screened doors, and the 2 pieces of frame inside and upstairs into the loft area outside my room.
My mom and grandpa (he has lots of tools and fixes lots of things) assembled the 2 pieces of frame into one, and then put screen on most of the frame. then since my grandparents left, we (me and my mom) screened the rest of the frame of the cage, and then put wood strips (that we ALSO painted and polyed) on the inside of the doors so that the screen (we had stapled on the inside of the doors fyi) which was very scratchy, would not scratch Stormy, as well as on the outside of the cage in one area, (on the front below the doors). Then we put the doors on, put the latches on so the doors would close, and then worked on drilling 6 holes in what was going to be the bottom of the cage, using a 5/8 inch spade drill bit. (Which caught the wood at the end and twisted my wrist btw, so be prepared for that if you use a spade drill bit. im fine though) then polyed the plywood and the inside of the holes we'd drilled as best i could, and today we put on the little pieces of wood behind the doors to prevent the doors from going in and like snapping the hinges. We also drilled on the bottom plywood piece today, and used silicone to put in the crack between the plywood base and the bottom of the frame of the cage so water eont get through and dirt and stuff wont disappear under there. here is the finished product!
View attachment 287671View attachment 287672View attachment 287673View attachment 287674
That looks amazing

Thank you! :D

Kismet has taken exactly 3 bites of her plants, and it's all been limited to her philodendrons (which are about equivalent to pothos). She's been very polite so far, but if she starts getting adventurous I may have to redesign the enclosure. Everything in there is safe (or at least, not outright toxic), so I'm not terribly worried yet! If she becomes a voracious veggie fiend, I'll see if I can make something pretty using only nutritious, edible plants.
Veiled chsmeleons are one of the few chameleons that eat plants. This is thefirst thing I research when i got Iggy. I found the Best leafy plant that provides the nutrients your vieled needs is collard greens. it has tons of vitamin K which is good for bones. I buy a bunch of organic, rinse them off, cut an inch off the bottom, fill a vaseor container half way with water then put them in and pop them in the frig. Will last a long time. I cut strips from the top down and put them on an upside down heavy bowl. You will notice the bowels darken which is normal. Iggy tends to eat soil every now and then. I figure his body is needing a nutrient or mineral in the soil.

Back
Top Bottom