The outside world šŸŒŽ

pascal2023

Avid Member
Living in the UK I feel like itā€™s rare we get any nice weather, like when do we ever see the sun haha! Usually just overcast, rainy or humid and bleh outside lol! Id love the chance for her to get out for a bit but I wouldnā€™t risk it with our temperatures!

Varnished and sealed her enclosure so going to let it air out for a couple weeks ā€¦ I have a lay bin for her and going to stick with play sand but the temporary enclosure sheā€™s in at the moment is going to be too small for it to sit in, I donā€™t think sheā€™s ā€œproducing eggsā€ ā€¦ visually doesnā€™t look like it but if it came to it and she was ā€˜dueā€™ to lay what would I do? Just because of the box size and cage size it wouldnā€™t work :/ any ideas?

On another note, since I canā€™t take her out, after her feeding I thought Iā€™d let her have a little look out šŸ¤£šŸŒ
62926E87-B565-44BD-B0C4-978C9E689276.jpeg

Definitely cutešŸ˜

In order to the egg laying, whatā€™s your feeding regime at the moment and maximum basking temps?
She says Thankyou lol šŸ„¹

Basking temps are between 80-85f and she gets 10-12 medium size hopper/ crickets every day and one or 2 worms/ grubs once a weeks if that makes sense

Seeing her size and estimating her 6+ months, itā€™s recommended to cut back feedings to 3-5 feeders (medium sized) 3 times a week with maximum basking temps 78-80. This to slow her down in egg production and more important clutch size. I think maximum 1 month and sheā€˜ll start with it.

Last edited:
Seeing her size and estimating her 6+ months, itā€™s recommended to cut back feedings to 3-5 feeders (medium sized) 3 times a week with maximum basking temps 78-80. This to slow her down in egg production and more important clutch size. I think maximum 1 month and sheā€˜ll start with it.
I got her a month ago exactly and she was apparently 4 months old, but Iā€™ll take your word for it! Should I measure her too? And okay thatā€™s all noted, try and slow down the process a little if Possible

I got her a month ago exactly and she was apparently 4 months old, but Iā€™ll take your word for it! Should I measure her too? And okay thatā€™s all noted, try and slow down the process a little if Possible
Personally, I would bet for 6 months but that doesnā€™t matter, she looks beautiful and healthy but also to be almost full grown. And slowing her down slowly from now one will be beneficial for the both of you, minimizing egg laying risks and complications. First one week half amount of feeders every day and the next week skipping a day between feeding and then the regime.

Weighting her and keep track on it, will be a better way then measuring length. Especially when getting receptive, then you know how much she gained before laying and lost after laying. Then you can play safe.

This was my girl when became receptive the first time around 7 months

53A05C16-3356-4430-AD4C-4B74DF4992F3.jpeg

Living in the UK I feel like itā€™s rare we get any nice weather, like when do we ever see the sun haha! Usually just overcast, rainy or humid and bleh outside lol! Id love the chance for her to get out for a bit but I wouldnā€™t risk it with our temperatures!
At least you live along the coast and England is getting better summer as well. Iā€™ve been a few times to Southampton for work, liked it šŸ‘ŒšŸ»

At least you live along the coast and England is getting better summer as well. Iā€™ve been a few times to Southampton for work, liked it šŸ‘ŒšŸ»
Weā€™ve got that cold front blowing in this week and a storm tonight into tomorrow apparently and yeah I like Southampton! Where abouts are you based

Back
Top Bottom