The new habitat for Chameleo "The Fury"

What are the exact plants you have inside? whats the one in the pot at the bottom?
I guess it's a schefferella plant but do you know the exact one??

Great setup BTW. Good work. Looking forward to finishing mine now! :p

Golden Sheffelera Arboricola. Same exact species, just a little bronze to it.

So on the bottom it's a medium sheffelera arboricola. On the plant stand sits a larger sheff. On the top right is a small hanging pothos.

All together the plants themselves were about 25 bucks. Not bad.

Looks Great! :)

Thanks you for the compliments.

I put a bit of time trying to get it right, and I am glad it shows.

Hi

I am new to the forums and just wondered where you bought your viv? - or whether you made it? I was thinking of building something similar if I could buy the materials - with the exception that I would put sliding glass panels in the top front panel for easier viewing.

I am in the UK and it seems that there are better viv's suitable for chameleons in the US (not to mention a better selection of chameleons at reasonable prices!).

Cheers

I got it from LLLreptile.com
It was 80 bucks on sale I think.

The bottom is a PVC board. Soft enough to drill through with a low powered drill. I had about 1cm wide holes before, but I had a problem with them clogging, so I opened them up bigger.

Did you get the plants from a nursery? What precautions did you take and how did you treat the plants?

Great info and pictures. Thanks!

It looks GREAT Chris! If the little monster would only appreciate it, kids:rolleyes: Thanks for adding the band! Demo should be mixed down tomorrow night. Ill let you know when its up. Again, great looking cage!

Did you get the plants from a nursery? What precautions did you take and how did you treat the plants?

Great info and pictures. Thanks!

The plants came from Lowes, but they originally come from a GIGANTIC nursery that sources alot of socal's plants. Lowe's and Home Depot had the best selections for shefflera's. Just check inside and outside.

I just checked the labels to make sure it was the right species, checked for bugs or bad smells, and then bought it for 10 bucks.

Once home, I wash them in warm water and soap, and then rinse them good.

This is how I potted them.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/live-plants-22672/#post199411

For the branches, I picked off the major loose bark, sandpapered snagged ends, then washed in diluted water/bleach solution. Rinsed well then let it sun dry.

It looks GREAT Chris! If the little monster would only appreciate it, kids:rolleyes: Thanks for adding the band! Demo should be mixed down tomorrow night. Ill let you know when its up. Again, great looking cage!

Well he started hand feeding recently, so we are making baby steps over here with our trust. It's fine though, his fury is what makes him so cool.

Can't wait to hear the demo, I've been on a major metal kick lately, so I am looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom