The Moment We've ALLL Been Waiting For!

He's a cutie and a deadly shot, lol
You can say that again, this boy hasnt missed a shot! Not to mention how darn cute he looks chewing!
You know he will be 6 months old on Thursday. You have done so well with him. (y) We need a cake emoji:coffee:I will just toast you with my coffee.
Thank you so much Jillian! It means a lot. Im loving every moment with him! And oh yeah, I'm keeping a close eye on that! I cant wait for his bday!! Im actually getting a scale this weekend to weigh him, i wish i had one the day i got him. Do you happen to know how much he weighed around the time you sent him? ??

Enjoy some pictures as well!!
20200705_170250.jpg

This is him on the top of the cage real pissed cause im telling him to get down haha. Amazing color/pattern change! :love:
20200704_141111.jpg
20200718_231910.jpg

He went through his second shed not too long ago, and jeeeze his colors are coming IN!!! Things are going very nicely overall, ive learned a ton already! Ill have more pictures for you guys within the day!

Just a little side story, this morning while feeding him his breakfast dubias i discovered just how damn juicy these lil guys really are. I placed a dubia on a branch in front of him, surely he was enticed and went after it almost immediately. As soon as he bit down, so much juice shot out, it shot so far it hit me in the face. Boy was that disgusting.. ??

He's stunning.
His largest brother just shed and he looks like an opal the way he catches the light.
Id absolutely love to see some pictures! Im also interested, how are they males horns developing? Ill try to get some pictures later today/tomorrow, but in the mean time an explanation should do? ? His horns are starting to turn more inward, theyre actually pretty close to touching, im curious and also partially worried, will this cause any issues with his horns? Is there anything that can be done to help?

Sorry for the lack of activity/pics for you all, I've been sooooooo freaking busy, never enough for Sheego tho! Hes been doing amazing, hes grown quite a bit and its amazing to see the differences, he's a monster! If yall have any questions or anything pls ask! Ive been thinking of getting back on here for you all, and im glad i did! Enjoy the pictures!
20200917_090635.jpg
20200913_234130.jpg

Caught him right before sleep! :love:
VideoCapture_20200918-134854.jpg
VideoCapture_20200918-134933.jpg

If they do get to the point of touching they will grow straight from there against each other.
Some interesting reading. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/project-straight-horn.19802/#post-241130
I don't think it is necessary as his skull is still going to get wider as he grows.

I was just reading about this yesterday here: https://chameleonacademy.com/trioceros-jacksonii-purchasing-a-new-chameleon/

As far as you are concerned as a pet owner, this is completely cosmetic and not an issue. They will make great pets.

I do agree with most of the horn discussion on that page. One difference that relates to this thread all jacksonii jacksonii are of recent Kenyan origin as there is no Hawaiian population or mass inbreeding. Most in the US are only one to a few generations in from wild caught. I see quite a bit of variation in the horns of different imported lines and even within clutches. I can tell all of mine apart by their horn shapes. There are a few breeders breeding actual captive bred jack jacks but not many and it is impossible to match the price of the importers and not take a loss. I've worked very hard to only buy captive bred or born individuals and have only one wild caught in my program. I am expecting a clutch after November from my two that were in the calendar last year, March and August.

Sorry for the lack of activity/pics for you all, I've been sooooooo freaking busy, never enough for Sheego tho! Hes been doing amazing, hes grown quite a bit and its amazing to see the differences, he's a monster! If yall have any questions or anything pls ask! Ive been thinking of getting back on here for you all, and im glad i did! Enjoy the pictures! View attachment 277549View attachment 277550
Caught him right before sleep! :love: View attachment 277551View attachment 277552
He is so beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom