Please help you guys! I think my girl is sick. I just heard a cough. Ans she keeps looking up to the light. I was in the middle of posting this and thought I would try my last ditch effort. I fed her this morning with 2 silkworms, 1 wax worm, 6 medium-sized crickets, a horned worm, 3 dubia roches just to see if I could entice her to eat anything and we will figure it out form there.... and she didn't eat a thing all day.... So I figure maybe she isn't wanting to look for them because she isn't feeling well, with stress and a possibility of something else. I pulled out the tongs and grabbed a silk worm after dropping it a few times into the abyss. She tried to grab one from the tongs and I think I messed up and was holding it too tight. Then I figured I would lay it on a leaf near her and.... drum roll please.....SHE ATE IT and then she ate two more.(I know they are supposed to be like candy I just wanted something on her tummy she hasn't eaten in 4 days) I have never been so happy for this little girl. But now I have to figure this other part out. Please review my husbandry. I will post all the pictures you need. I dont want my little girl to suffer, because of my mistakes. I am getting in touch with an experienced exotics vet to see about getting her in however they can't see her until Saturday, do you think she will be fine until then?!?
- Your Chameleon - Carpet chameleon female, reptile breeder said juvenile how ever hatch date unknown, I brought her home on the 24th so 4 days ago.
- Handling - I picked her up out of her box from transport, I inspected her quick 15 second look around and then off to her new abode, other than that I have not touched her.
- Feeding - I have crickets, wax worms, horned worms, dubia roches, silk worms. I gut loading with super salad and bee pollen
- Supplements - I have Repti Calcium with D3 and Without D3. Both feedings have been without D3. I was going to used the D3 on every other Sunday alternating with a multivitamin on Sundays.
- Watering - I have a reptirain system it goes off for 1 minute every 6 hours. I also have a dripper and a fogger.. Whoopee does drink I have caught her multiple times.
- Fecal Description - normal
- History - She is very new to me. However she does change into her PJ'S for sleeping (changes light pink, tan, with white spots) . And she does let me know I'm too close or she is not happy, flattening out, karate hand, curly tail, hiding behind her branch.
- Cage Type - 24" x 24" x 48" screen enclosure, covered on 3 sides with clear shower curtain (top and front 2/3 exposed)
- Lighting - basking lamp 150w, Reptisun T5 UVB HO 30 inch.
- Temperature please refer to picture. I have a digital thermometer and also a IR temp gun.
- Humidity - 40% to 80%(spike) it hovers closer to 48% to 60% consistently. I have inclosed her enclosure on three sides (looking for recommendations) this morning I added some plastic to the bottom 1/3 to bring up the humidity again. The snow storm took all the moisture out of the air... I use a digital hydrometer.
- Plants I mostly have pothos, I do have a ficus, and a schefflera( not sure I spelt that right) and and orchid. There is also real moss to help with the humidity levels it is mostly at the base of the plants though.
- Placement - Her cage is in the corner of my bedroom, she does sit next to a window but it has light blocking shades. And it is almost all the way to the ceiling. There are no vents blowing on her. I have a heater in my room as a back up(I feel like she gets too cold at night even though my room does not fall below 69. I have pretty much turned this off at nights.)
- Location - I live in Colorado, not in the mountains though.