Carpet Chameleon Care Sheet

A wonderful chameleon with wonderful colors and patters and now a wonderful care sheet to take care of them wonderfully...:eek:
The only thing that has kept me from getting these gorgeous animals is their short lifespan.:(

Frank this is great information! The care sheet is very detailed and thorough. I'm still in love with this species ever since I got a WC pair about 20 years ago.

I know they are small, but could you possibly put them in bigger cages or would they only feel helpless?

Bigger cages are fine. Feeding may be more difficult in them.

What size cages are those? And are those cages fine for adults?

The smaller cages I showed are 12x12x18. I don't recommend them for adults. Those are for juveniles. My adults are in 18x18x24 cages.

Frank this is great information! The care sheet is very detailed and thorough. I'm still in love with this species ever since I got a WC pair about 20 years ago.

Thank you! They are an awesome species.

One of the most useful care sheets for carpet chameleons I have come across, thank you for sharing your personal experience. Has helped me greatly with some questions I have been getting mixed information on. Also thrilled to find someone who does not preach that all screen cages are a must! I use a glass tank for the lower portion to maintain humidity and keep my bioactive substrate from... well escaping haha as welll as keeping my waterfall system from leaking out. being a stronger material to support plants and attached decorations has also been quite beneficial. Then I use screen for the top half to allow air flow and keep the basking lights from becoming overwhelming, by allowing the heat to disapate more freely. Youve increased my confidence that my set up is favorable for my small companions, and not harming them, as so many guides may suggest.

Back
Top Bottom