The manzanita source!

http://sierramanzanita.tripod.com/

Well..

After my second battle with trichomonas, throwing every single piece of chameleon furniture, live or fake, out into the garbage and losing hundreds of dollars as I run out to refurnish and replace everything...

...I'm ready for something new.

So this time after I disinfected the cage during the antibiotic treatment, threw everythything in the trash, bleached and boiled the whole cage, I bought a bunch of manzanita instead of fake vines since sandblasted manazanita is the only branch you can safely bleach, rinse and put back into the cage.

I wanted to share the great manzanita source I found.
http://sierramanzanita.tripod.com/

Gene has great prices. He sent me photos and let me pick out a few branches, he has both sandblasted, and natural branches, and he has the ability to create a whole climbing gym if you wanted it. I think he sells mainly to the avian hobby, but I'm actually often frequenting the avian classifieds looking for manzanita or cages that I could use as a cham habitat.

Anyway. That's my plug!

I just got 4 huge branches in the mail today that are going into Yoda's cage and making an open air perch for him. Thanks Gene!

I have an unlimited source of rhotodendron in my backyard. Now, roto's are toxic, but once th eleaves are gone, there's no danger (for chameleons). They are especially well-suited for larger chameleons, as they have wide, rounded brances with smooth, rounded curves. melleri love them. They're strong and light when dried, too.

I've used manzanita for about 15 years - th efirst perch I bought for a chameleon was manzanita. Still have it, in fact, thought I have not used it since I moved 2 years ago. Easy to clean, but sharp and kinda pricy. At least you don't have to throw it away.

I have an unlimited source of rhotodendron in my backyard. Now, roto's are toxic, but once th eleaves are gone, there's no danger (for chameleons). They are especially well-suited for larger chameleons, as they have wide, rounded brances with smooth, rounded curves. melleri love them. They're strong and light when dried, too.

I've used manzanita for about 15 years - th efirst perch I bought for a chameleon was manzanita. Still have it, in fact, thought I have not used it since I moved 2 years ago. Easy to clean, but sharp and kinda pricy. At least you don't have to throw it away.

Eric, did you mean rhododendron? If so this is great news. They are all over the place here in the Maryland area. Do you break them and let the branches dry out or?

87$ after shipping.

He charges by the foot and the thickness. I would suggest ordering slightly thinner branches then 1 inch, these are pretty bulky.

But Yoda's climbing all over them right now!

We have madrone growing all over here in Oregon and I like to use that- it is closely related to the manzanita and I actually like the look of it much better. If anyone wants to pay for the shipping, I can gather some up and send it to you. =) I use it for my birds and my reptiles as well and haven't had a problem.

Back
Top Bottom