Black mildew spots on new manzanita branches

buy this... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R586J37/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I run two of them one is placed hooked to the top basking branch against the wall of the cage and the other is placed down further. Both are outside of misting range. Set them up with the app one at a time. Hook a zip tie through the hole in the device to hook it to the branch. This way you can track what the ambient levels are actually doing 27/7.
So we don't have the more expensive waterproof ones?

So we don't have the more expensive waterproof ones?
Huh? you mean the govee? I find them to be more water resistant. If you put them in a path of being misted due to how they are in the plastic you run the risk of moisture getting inside. If they are outside the direct path then you are fine. They handle the high humidity without fail in my experience.

Huh? you mean the govee? I find them to be more water resistant. If you put them in a path of being misted due to how they are in the plastic you run the risk of moisture getting inside. If they are outside the direct path then you are fine. They handle the high humidity without fail in my experience.
Ok thank you

Do I need to have 3 of them so I can check temp/humidity in top/mid/bottom? I was thinking since I am new that might be a good idea what do you think

Do I need to have 3 of them so I can check temp/humidity in top/mid/bottom? I was thinking since I am new that might be a good idea what do you think
I have gauges at the top middle and bottom of mine I say go for it

Totally up to you. I only run two. One on the highest branch and one 8 inches up from the bottom. I think I added a photo of mine in this thread.

Definitely thinking a screen enclosure might be better for airflow. Today the outside humidity is 97 inside 75 and I’ve got his front door open trying to air it out I only fogged for 2 hours last night. I’ve got the dehumidifier running and the pc fan on 24/7 maybe I shouldn’t fog at all on days i know it’s going to rain?

Attachments

• IMG_3814.png
    IMG_3814.png
    139.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3815.jpeg
    IMG_3815.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3816.jpeg
    IMG_3816.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 40
Definitely thinking a screen enclosure might be better for airflow. Today the outside humidity is 97 inside 75 and I’ve got his front door open trying to air it out I only fogged for 2 hours last night. I’ve got the dehumidifier running and the pc fan on 24/7 maybe I shouldn’t fog at all on days i know it’s going to rain?
ooof ok so here is the thing... you have a ton of natural humidity. So screen or hybrid you will end up having to run a dehumidifier just to pull that humidity down.

Back
Top Bottom