Black mildew spots on new manzanita branches

Maybe my schedule would help 🤣

1am -6 fogger goes off. (Ceiling fan is always running)

6am pc fan comes on

645 mister kicks on for 4 minutes

7am ubv kicks on

8 am plant light kicks on

9 am herpstat/basking light kicks on

By now my humidity is usually down to 60 percent

2pm basking light kicks off and pc fan kicks off

6pm plant light kicks off

645 misting kicks on for 4 mins

(I know four minutes might sound high but I feel like it takes him that long to see the water)

8pm everything is off

Maybe my schedule would help 🤣

1am -6 fogger goes off. (Ceiling fan is always running)

6am pc fan comes on

645 mister kicks on for 4 minutes

7am ubv kicks on

By now my humidity is usually down to 60 percent

(I know four minutes might sound high but I feel like it takes him that long to see the water)

8pm everything is off
Can you tell me where the ambient room humidity is sitting?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 41
Ok how far away from the cage is that sensor and does it sit that high all day?
It’s within 3 feet and no it doesn’t it’s already down to 51 percent now. I can check in with my son later to see where it’s sitting while I’m gone at work

It’s within 3 feet and no it doesn’t it’s already down to 51 percent now. I can check in with my son later to see where it’s sitting while I’m gone at work
Ok and is it down due to a dehumidifier running?

Ok and is it down due to a dehumidifier running?
I’m willing to bet yes. I have to be honest I wasn’t monitoring it before just looking at my outside humidity on a daily basis and then the mildew happen and it prompted me to get the dehumidifier and set that out. So maybe I’ve likely solved the problem with that?

I’m willing to bet yes. I have to be honest I wasn’t monitoring it before just looking at my outside humidity on a daily basis and then the mildew happen and it prompted me to get the dehumidifier and set that out. So maybe I’ve likely solved the problem with that?
Try this and then let me know where levels are.

For example
1am -6 fogger goes off. (Ceiling fan is always running) Shorten your fogging length have it kick off around 4-5am instead. This will start reducing humidity for lights on.

6am pc fan comes on Keep this running 24/7 it will just help keep the air flow moving while your adding all the humidity in the evening.

645 mister kicks on for 4 minutes Cut this back to 2 minutes. You are fogging at night so he is getting hydration through that. Shortening this morning session will help humidity reduce faster for all the lighting coming on.

7am ubv kicks on

By now my humidity is usually down to 60 percent Implement the changes above and then see what your levels are.

You could add a misting session here. Maybe at 4:30pm. Cage should have dropped in temp due to the basking being off.

8pm everything is off

Try this and then let me know where levels are.

For example
1am -6 fogger goes off. (Ceiling fan is always running) Shorten your fogging length have it kick off around 4-5am instead. This will start reducing humidity for lights on.

6am pc fan comes on Keep this running 24/7 it will just help keep the air flow moving while your adding all the humidity in the evening.

645 mister kicks on for 4 minutes Cut this back to 2 minutes. You are fogging at night so he is getting hydration through that. Shortening this morning session will help humidity reduce faster for all the lighting coming on.

7am ubv kicks on

By now my humidity is usually down to 60 percent Implement the changes above and then see what your levels are.

You could add a misting session here. Maybe at 4:30pm. Cage should have dropped in temp due to the basking being off.

8pm everything is off
Thanks so much, I appreciate your time and advice. I’ll get on it and let you know what happens 😃

Thanks so much, I appreciate your time and advice. I’ll get on it and let you know what happens 😃
I just checked in with my son and the humidity inside the enclosure is 45 percent now so that dehumidifier should probably just be set to be on for a few hours in the morning don’t you think?

I just checked in with my son and the humidity inside the enclosure is 45 percent now so that dehumidifier should probably just be set to be on for a few hours in the morning don’t you think?
You may not need to run the dehumidifier if you try the suggestions I gave you.

View attachment 341336Much better levels this morning!
Ok that looks good. for 7:49am... Lets see where they hit once the cage starts heating up and drying out at around 10am. You should have a drop then it should level off until your misting late afternoon. Mine does a 20% drop and stays stable around 40-45% then sits a little higher down farther in the plants.

Ok that looks good. for 7:49am... Lets see where they hit once the cage starts heating up and drying out at around 10am. You should have a drop then it should level off until your misting late afternoon. Mine does a 20% drop and stays stable around 40-45% then sits a little higher down farther in the plants.
Ok sounds good, thanks 😊

Ok sounds good, thanks 😊
My sons at his grandmas for the weekend so I won’t be able to see where it sits around 10am until tomorrow. But I feel like I’ve completely lost my humidity spike at night now and that’s concerning to me… not sure what anyone’s thoughts would be on this

My sons at his grandmas for the weekend so I won’t be able to see where it sits around 10am until tomorrow. But I feel like I’ve completely lost my humidity spike at night now and that’s concerning to me… not sure what anyone’s thoughts would be on this
buy this... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R586J37/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I run two of them one is placed hooked to the top basking branch against the wall of the cage and the other is placed down further. Both are outside of misting range. Set them up with the app one at a time. Hook a zip tie through the hole in the device to hook it to the branch. This way you can track what the ambient levels are actually doing 27/7.

Maybe adjust things one minute at a time to see where your sweet spot is

Oh cool I didn’t realise they worked differently then the current ones but I actually have those I bought them as back up View attachment 341383
Set them up one at a time outside of any misting or fogging line.
This is how I have mine...
IMG_8203.jpeg

This is what it looks like with the app... Main window when you open the app shows all your govee devices. It also will load the current temp and humidity here. So you can quickly look to see where your levels are. colder and more humid towards the bottom of my cage.

IMG_8215.PNG

Then when you click into one it loads the data... And you can look at any point to see what your temp/humidity was or is currently in that area of the cage. This is a great indicator of overall ambient levels on that level of the cage.

This is my upper sensor now.

IMG_8216.PNG

This is my bottom sensor now.

IMG_8217.PNG

Back
Top Bottom