Thamnobates Temps...

nicholas

Established Member
Those of you lucky enough to keep B. Thamnobates, what do you keep your temps at for them? There seems to be alot of info floating around about their temps, so I am looking for just a straight answer. What temps do YOU guys keep this spectacular species at?

I vary my temperatures over the year for my Bd. thamnobates. During the summer I keep them between 78-82F during the day and try to drop the temperature to 70-74 at night (I prefer cooler than that when possible). In the winter I keep them between 68-72F during the day and let the night temp drop down into the 50s if I can. If you haven't already read it, I recommend this article: http://www.chameleonnews.com/10JulDeckersAnderson.html

Chris

I vary my temperatures over the year for my Bd. thamnobates. During the summer I keep them between 78-82F during the day and try to drop the temperature to 70-74 at night (I prefer cooler than that when possible). In the winter I keep them between 68-72F during the day and let the night temp drop down into the 50s if I can. If you haven't already read it, I recommend this article: http://www.chameleonnews.com/10JulDeckersAnderson.html

Chris

Thank you very much! Super Informative!

Hey Chris,

I notice in the article it talks about Steven providing some of his animals with time outside. I have been wondering if you are able to get any of your animals outside being in Florida and quite busy?

We used to take our animals outside as soon as the weather was sunny and above 20 degrees Celcius.

For interests sake, I was up IN The Nottingham Locality photographing specmens.
At 20:56pm it was 15 Degree's Celsius by 2am on departure it was 8 Degree's and that is in Summer.

As with many chameleons, they tolerate relative low night temps if they have the opportunity to bask in the morning. I once "forget" a small thamnobates juvenile outside and till I noticed this fault, it has to survive many nights between 0-5°C ! Fortunately it doesnt seem to have any problems with this. Because of this tolerance I plan on keeping all my Bradypodions in the future for more than half of the year outside, if its getting too cold they will be put in a greenhouse

Back
Top Bottom