Story Time! WARNING: Graphic Photos.

I stopped eating meat for several years as I couldnt get past the thought. But it was not easy and I eventually caved
I haven't even tried quitting...I just limit the animals I eat now...beef, pork, chicken, turkey. I eat some fish and shrimp too. Everything else is safe from me.

No matter hat we eat it was alive...veggies, fruit, flowers, weeds, bugs, meat, etc...so we have no choice but to kill something. So, maybe we should eat the rattlesnake, if we're going to kill it? Mm...wasp and mosquito salad! :(

I haven't even tried quitting...I just limit the animals I eat now...beef, pork, chicken, turkey. I eat some fish and shrimp too. Everything else is safe from me.

No matter hat we eat it was alive...veggies, fruit, flowers, weeds, bugs, meat, etc...so we have no choice but to kill something. So, maybe we should eat the rattlesnake, if we're going to kill it? Mm...wasp and mosquito salad! :(

Oh my day is not complete until I've consumed something that had a mother. I love meat. I don't have problems eating animals, what bothers me is animals inhumanely kept and tortured in the factory farms. That's why I've been wanting to learn to hunt so I could stockpile my own meat. As for plants, apparently they are much more aware of things happening than we originally thought. So like you said, something's gotta die for us to live.

I'm not perfect, but I try to live life by the 'use, don't abuse' mindset.

Oh my day is not complete until I've consumed something that had a mother. I love meat. I don't have problems eating animals, what bothers me is animals inhumanely kept and tortured in the factory farms. That's why I've been wanting to learn to hunt so I could stockpile my own meat. As for plants, apparently they are much more aware of things happening than we originally thought. So like you said, something's gotta die for us to live.

I'm not perfect, but I try to live life by the 'use, don't abuse' mindset.
I'm more of a fisherman, I love fly fishing! Apparently fish can't feel pain, I read that somewhere, it's only reflex, so that makes it easier.

I don't know if that's true for sure, but I think they can feel pain.
That's what I thought, but apparently they can react reflexively, and feel stress from it, but not pain, because they can't comprehend it? Something like that, worth a google search for sure.

Meat is good, steak is fantastic and i hate rattlers and moccasins. I will kill a moccasin without any thought...also pigmy rattlers are horrible....
We live right by a lake and there are moccasins everywhere! I don’t think we’re even fazed by it anymore. ?

This thread reminded me of when my (dumb ass) ex husband freaked and beat to death a beautiful harmless indigo snake that was in the yard. Jerk!

Snakes are a weird thing, even many animal people despise them. On the other side of that, many people love snakes over everything. Very strange. Similar to spiders as well... My wife is so terrified of snakes she won't even look at a picture of one, not the type to kill anything though. There are definitely creatures that freak me out(centipedes, worms, etc), but they still fascinate me and I wouldn't kill one unless I had to.

I think the fear of snakes/spiders is a leftover evolutionary mechanism in our brains. Not sure if this is true, but I think they found pregnant women were even more likely to spot a snake hidden in a picture than non pregnant. Makes sense, where we evolved is filled with highly venomous snakes.

Lol we had a few baby copperheads And a momma show up one year, I think she later her clutch somewhere in Our yard, picked em up with a hook and put em in a bucket and on our next fishing Trip we released them at the state park. I totally understand killing them though, a lot of people don't know or want to take a chance with those poisonous suckers, killing them is easy and effective. Luckily my dad made a super long snake hook out of a broken fishing pole haha

Lol we had a few baby copperheads And a momma show up one year, I think she later her clutch somewhere in Our yard, picked em up with a hook and put em in a bucket and on our next fishing Trip we released them at the state park. I totally understand killing them though, a lot of people don't know or want to take a chance with those poisonous suckers, killing them is easy and effective. Luckily my dad made a super long snake hook out of a broken fishing pole haha
Let me guess----you released them right next to the tent in the middle of the camping area??.
Just kidding, kudos

Back
Top Bottom