The Taming of the Chameleon

Psychobunny,

This is great, and I have used it to the tee. It works great but patience is KEY:) which takes a long time. Thanks again, and I will be looking at the blog for an update as you might have mentioned.

is it too late?

I have had my young male panther for close to two weeks now; he came from a local pet store. I had been "chasing him around the cage with my hand until he climbed on it for an escape to get him out of the cage. I realize now that this is probably working backwards with him, even though it kind of seems as if he is learning that even though I "attack" him with my hand, I am not going to hurt him. I am not sure if I am really just stressing him out extremely bad or if I am actually "taming" him. please let me know. Thank you
p.s. is it too late to start taming the correct way?

Unless a cham has been physicly abused, and will never trust humans again, it is never too late.

Do not "chase" him around the cage. Just leave him alone.
If you need to get him out, and he wont get on your hand, just take a bendy vine and attach one end to his basking branch, open the cage door, and attach the other end to where ever you want.

He will eventually take the bait :)

Back
Top Bottom