Something possibly in chameleons eye

That’s what I meant by saying “don’t handle unless needed.” Really you shouldn’t have to him for more than five to ten minutes. That’s what I did when mine was sick and look at him now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 129
That’s what I meant by saying “don’t handle unless needed.” Really you shouldn’t have to him for more than five to ten minutes. That’s what I did when mine was sick and look at him now.
Please ensure that you do not give out incorrect advice. When it is clear that you are new to the hobby. The photo you entered in the photo contest has multiple major husbandry issues. When you give advice the other new members assume that you know what you are talking about. By not knowing what you are doing with your own husbandry you will just derail someone else trying to rehab their cham.

None of that was incorrect information. I meant what I said by only holding him for five to ten minutes.
While in another post asking members to like your photo in the contest and then you will give them information. This is not ok and I will stick with my original comment. You had another member telling you that using a red light was incorrect and you still were not open to that feedback. So I suggest learning more and making sure your own husbandry is on point before you start attempting to give feedback to another member who is dealing with health issues.

While in another post asking members to like your photo in the contest and then you will give them information. This is not ok and I will stick with my original comment. You had another member telling you that using a red light was incorrect and you still were not open to that feedback. So I suggest learning more and making sure your own husbandry is on point before you start attempting to give feedback to another member who is dealing with health issues.
I didn't say that my second-grade sister said that. :(

I didn't say that my second-grade sister said that. :(

Sure she did. If you dont know for sure, dont say anything. The OP has a sick chameleon and random comments aren't very helpful. Get your own husbandry straight before you go off acting like a little genius. Maybe start a thread on it. Have a nice day. :)

I took him to the vet and got him a series of shots.
The vet said he had no RI
Once the others that I tagged log in they will review your post. I know your a bit freaked out right now. I would hate to see you spend money if you don't have to. :(
Are there any feeders he really likes like hornworms? Sometimes they will go for those over others when they don't feel well.
Hes showing no interest in the hornworms or any food that i offer him. And also the eye the vet flushed out he hasnt really opened at all.

Last edited:
The vet said he had no RI
Hes showing no interest in the hornworms or any food that i offer him.
:( ok I am going to tag people again for you. I have a feeling it may be due to the meds they have him on but as I said this is not my area.
@JacksJill @jannb @Mawtyplant @GoodKarma19
The OP was told that the cham has Protazoa and was given Enrofloxacin to use in .04 cc everyday for 14 days and Mtronidazole .2 cc to use everyday for 7 days.
Question is what is Protazoa and what is the cleaning for the cage that they need to be doing. Also the cham is now sleeping during the day, Will not eat. What do you recommend for the OP to do? Is this a side effect of the medications?

Metronidazol, commonly known as Flagyl can cause nausea so loss of appetite is a possible side effect. Enrofloxacin aka Baytril can effect the kidneys so an effort should be made to maintain hydration.
The cage should be bleached or disinfected during treatment to avoid reinfection. Extreme measures are not called for, disinfect and dry thoroughly. Porous items (branches) may need additional treatment or possibly replacement.

Metronidazol, commonly known as Flagyl can cause nausea so loss of appetite is a possible side effect. Enrofloxacin aka Baytril can effect the kidneys so an effort should be made to maintain hydration.
The cage should be bleached or disinfected during treatment to avoid reinfection. Extreme measures are not called for, disinfect and dry thoroughly. Porous items (branches) may need additional treatment or possibly replacement.
Okay thank you for the info. Ill call my vet tomorrow if he doesnt seem to get better by tonight. Hes still drinking a lot but wont eat. Would you recommend bug juice or could i just try to place a horn worm or silk worm in the corner of his mouth and let him chew it,

If you can get him to eat by slipping a soft bodied worm in his mouth while he is drinking that is probably the best method. Bug juice is a second good alternative if you have the stomach for making it.
I just ordered cricket powder for one of mine that is not eating. I was able to find one on Amazon that only contains crickets and no salt or flavoring, ENTOMO FARMS organic cricket powder. I have been using Carnivore Care but I don't like to use it long term because of all the animal protein and vitamins it contains. I will have to add calcium to balance the calcium phosphorus ratio. I will let you know how it works.

If you can get him to eat by slipping a soft bodied worm in his mouth while he is drinking that is probably the best method. Bug juice is a second good alternative if you have the stomach for making it.
I just ordered cricket powder for one of mine that is not eating. I was able to find one on Amazon that only contains crickets and no salt or flavoring, ENTOMO FARMS organic cricket powder. I have been using Carnivore Care but I don't like to use it long term because of all the animal protein and vitamins it contains. I will have to add calcium to balance the calcium phosphorus ratio. I will let you know how it works.
How about slipping in a little wax worm while he drinks? And i have no problem making the bug juice lol. Ill do anything i can to get my little guy back to health.

You could ask your vet if they thought that any eye drops would help? I have seen drops prescribed on occasion.

Back
Top Bottom