Something possibly in chameleons eye

Called my vet and She wants him
on the same medication. Shes gonna give some carnivore care temporarily to see if he can perk up and maybe eat on his own. Disinfected entire cage, got all new plants and branches also.
Hes seemed to perk up quite a bit today and his eye is looking much better. Still refusing food but drinking good... Got some carnivore care in his system also.

Water. Give him a rain shower. 1 day of heavy rain should help- then back to normal routine. Add a rain shower a week or every 2 weeks

I do heavy saturation once a week altho I've slowed to once every 2 weeks now that i have soil gnats until there gone. They clean their eyes and hydrate it also cleans the enclosure and perches. It's equally important that it all dry out completely to avoid trench rot and bacterial infections.

I do heavy saturation once a week altho I've slowed to once every 2 weeks now that i have soil gnats until there gone. They clean their eyes and hydrate it also cleans the enclosure and perches. It's equally important that it all dry out completely to avoid trench rot and bacterial infections.
I just completely re did and disinfected his cage because of the protozoa. I made a drainage system that works great and fully dries out after each misting session. Hoping the carnivore care can give him the energy he needs to eat on his own. This is definitely the most active hes been for the past week and a half.

"An indirect effect may occur when there is a large number of parasites and the dead bodies cause the aforementioned toxic shock to the chameleon. Toxic shock may manifest itself as a lowering of activity and an appearance of depression. The flood of dead bodies can also limit the chameleon's peristaltic activity (the gut pushing food through) by the sheer bulk of the bodies of dead nematodes blocking the intestines"...
http://www.chameleonnews.com/02JulVassilievPanacur.html

I just completely re did and disinfected his cage because of the protozoa. I made a drainage system that works great and fully dries out after each misting session. Hoping the carnivore care can give him the energy he needs to eat on his own. This is definitely the most active hes been for the past week and a half.
is she will go for another 5 days of metronidazole every 2 weeks? or she stick to one week only?

Need help with my Panther Cham.

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? About a year old panther chameleon.
Ive had him for around 10 months now

Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Rarely. Only to clean and when necessary.

Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
He was eating crickets, superworms, hornworms, and dubia roaches but has stopped eating crickets and dubias. I feed him every morning. Gut loading with repashy bug burger.

Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Im using rep cal calcium at every feeding and d3 at the end of every two weeks and rep cal multi vitamins the next two following weeks.

Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
I have a monsoon mister set to go off every 3 hours for a minute. I see him drinking often.

Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
Hes fecal matter has recently started having orange in the urates.

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. Hes been very healthy until the past week or two.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
4x2x2 Screen enclosure.

Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
I have a repti sun 5.0 linear uvb along with a 90w basking bulb. 12 hours of light 12 of darkness.

Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Basking spot is 90-95 with ambient temps of 75 and 70 towards the very bottom of the enclosure. I have a digital thermometer along with a temp gun. Drops to 65 at night.

Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? Humidity was low in the past but i now have a room humidifier along with mistings which gets it to around 30-40% and 50% in the enclosure.

Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
All live plants. Pothos and Umbrella

Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? His cage is in a low traffic reptile room. Its 4 feet off the ground.

Location - Where are you geographically located?
North Carolina

I think my panther chameleon possibly has something stuck in his eye. This has caused him to slow down on eating a lot. Hes only had a superworm a day and an occasional hornworm over the past two weeks and im concerned. Ive been giving him warm showers to help whatever is stuck but it doesnt seem to be helping. He seems to enjoy the shower a lot and drinks but still is not eating much. I also see him trying to clean his eyes while in the shower but still is keeping one shut at a time. Today is the worst i think hes been. Hes been on the same branch pretty much all day with eyes closed. I think im gonna take him to the vet because hes seeming to get more and more lethargic. What about a saline flush? If you guys have any suggestions please give me some advice. Let me know if you need pictures of anything else.
I'm looking at his eyes; I'm not seeing anything straight out. We also use the Monsoon mister and to be honest the way the mister nozzle is made creates sometimes for an uneven H2O mist which might have on occasion irritated your cham's eye. If you really suspect a potential serious eye irritation/ injury watch for feeder attacks as well. Crickets which do have a mandible & will bite have known to go for cham's eyes especially during sleep hours. Good luck

I'm looking at his eyes; I'm not seeing anything straight out. We also use the Monsoon mister and to be honest the way the mister nozzle is made creates sometimes for an uneven H2O mist which might have on occasion irritated your cham's eye. If you really suspect a potential serious eye irritation/ injury watch for feeder attacks as well. Crickets which do have a mandible & will bite have known to go for cham's eyes especially during sleep hours. Good luck
It was stuck shed in the eye... Got it all flushed out and have ointment. Its much better now

I actually have one. How much carnivore care do you all think i should give him daily until he eats on his own?
Perso go with 1ml of cc every 2 day.. your chameleon was well feed so don’t be scared about that, you can also try to make the mixture but more liquid, since he’s on hard medication your concern is hydratation and kidney protection how is he? Any white cream stuff ?

Back
Top Bottom