Something possibly in chameleons eye

Perso go with 1ml of cc every 2 day.. your chameleon was well feed so don’t be scared about that, you can also try to make the mixture but more liquid, since he’s on hard medication your concern is hydratation and kidney protection how is he? Any white cream stuff ?
I looked and pushed up on his chin area so i could see under his tongue but i didnt see any canker.

That is a really good news:) onlui small inflammation tho si this was not to advanced how is he today?
Starting to seem much more like himself. He actually has the energy to try and bite me now. He has always been a pistol and the past week he wouldnt even react to me handling him. So that must mean hes feeling some what better. Both eyes are always open and no sleeping during the day anymore. Next step is getting him to a eat a juicy hornworm.

Starting to seem much more like himself. He actually has the energy to try and bite me now. He has always been a pistol and the past week he wouldnt even react to me handling him. So that must mean hes feeling some what better. Both eyes are always open and no sleeping during the day anymore. Next step is getting him to a eat a juicy hornworm.
Start with juicy silk;) help a lot and they are less vigorous than hornworm! Good to see he’s improving good!:)

He just finished the first week of his Metronidazol. The vet said only a week but theres still some medication. Should i continue the treatment?
No, go with what the Vet has told you to do. If they want only one week then only do one week. They will almost always order meds to be filled with a few extra doses so that if you mess up a dose you have a back up.

No, go with what the Vet has told you to do. If they want only one week then only do one week. They will almost always order meds to be filled with a few extra doses so that if you mess up a dose you have a back up.
Also had a question about disinfecting. I replaced all the branches and plants but how do you all go about disinfecting plants and what not. And how often should i be doing a full disinfect.

Also had a question about disinfecting. I replaced all the branches and plants but how do you all go about disinfecting plants and what not. And how often should i be doing a full disinfect.
I am not familiar with the type your dealing with. @JacksJill would know better. I know she advised a thorough cleaning and tossing anything porous out like branches. But I would imagine it would be a cycle of cleaning until you have a clean fecal. Not sure what though.

I would do a thorough disinfect weekly during treatment with daily spot cleanings of any feces during this time. I have cleaned plants with soap and water, isopropyl alcohol and even treated some with disinfectants (pothos mostly) I don't know how effective the treatment was but the plants survived.
There are some notes on what I tried in this blog. It might be safer to replace your plants, at the very least you should replace all the soil.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/cage-cleaning-•-sanitation-istyt-part-3-deep-cleaning.2364/

I am not familiar with the type your dealing with. @JacksJill would know better. I know she advised a thorough cleaning and tossing anything porous out like branches. But I would imagine it would be a cycle of cleaning until you have a clean fecal. Not sure what though.
Yeah im just wondering if i should every week or what. Ill what for a response from him... Thank you

I would do a thorough disinfect weekly during treatment with daily spot cleanings of any feces during this time. I have cleaned plants with soap and water, isopropyl alcohol and even treated some with disinfectants (pothos mostly) I don't know how effective the treatment was but the plants survived.
There are some notes on what I tried in this blog. It might be safer to replace your plants, at the very least you should replace all the soil.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/cage-cleaning-•-sanitation-istyt-part-3-deep-cleaning.2364/
I already replaced the plants and plant soil
with miracle grow organic. If you have any suggestions on a better soil lmk. Might be easier to just replace them weekly until parasites are gone. I can get pothos and umbrella plants at my local Home depot for 5-10$...

When I'm treating a new wild caught chameleon I use plastic plants and pothos vines in a water bottle temporarily until they have a clean fecal and then install all live plants. You can get dollar store aquarium plants cheap and fill up a cage with them.
Note: make sure the bottle has too small of a top for the chameleon to get into it.

When I'm treating a new wild caught chameleon I use plastic plants and pothos vines in a water bottle temporarily until they have a clean fecal and then install all live plants. You can get dollar store aquarium plants cheap and fill up a cage with them.
Note: make sure the bottle has too small of a top for the chameleon to get into it.
Thats a cool trick. Ill
keep that in mind

He just finished the first week of his Metronidazol. The vet said only a week but theres still some medication. Should i continue the treatment?
Perso.. i would give secund ride 7 days later.. good chance of à come back (if you don’t, make sure to make a secund fecal test in 1 month 1.5 months ;) maybe you will be lucky and this will be killed first shot

Perso.. i would give secund ride 7 days later.. good chance of à come back (if you don’t, make sure to make a secund fecal test in 1 month 1.5 months ;) maybe you will be lucky and this will be killed first shot
Hey everyone... I still havent gotten him to eat on his own. He just finished up all his meds and has been eating carnivore care and bug juice only by syringe. Im calling my vet tomorrow to see where to go from here. Also Disinfected everything again.

Hey everyone... I still havent gotten him to eat on his own. He just finished up all his meds and has been eating carnivore care and bug juice only by syringe. Im calling my vet tomorrow to see where to go from here. Also Disinfected everything again.
thats great to hear that hes been eating though, has he passed it too? aka pooped... thanks for the update!

Back
Top Bottom