Software Upgrade - Editor Profiles Similar Threads Gallery

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
Chameleon Forums had a major software upgrade overnight. While this is something we have been preparing for since last fall it remains a work in progress. Let us know if you encounter any problems and we welcome your feedback.

Editor
The first thing you will likely notice is that we have a new editor. I know this will be frustrating for some members but I believe over time most will begin to appreciate the change. The biggest difference is the preview button. Instead of displaying the preview of a post below the editor, the preview is now displayed within the editor itself. The preview button acts as a switch. This is especially useful for long posts and mobile devices.

Profile Banners
Profile banners is a new feature available for established members. Keep in mind that the appearance of profile banners will change depending on the viewer's screen size. Images are automatically resized to a width of 1280px when uploaded.

Profile Attachments
The profile post and attachment systems have been integrated. This feature will initially only be available for established members.

Similar Threads
We now have a similar threads feature again and it's glorious. It needs some fine tuning so expect improvements. You will see them at the bottom of existing threads. You also may see suggestions when creating a title for a new thread.

Gallery
A new lightbox navigation system has been added to the gallery.

@Brad what are the recommended dimensions for the banner if your sizing images to fit for height with the width of 1280px?

Noticing two issues from desktop computer...
Trying to like a post. It does not give me the option to hover and pick what I want to choose. Only like. So I can not laugh now 😭

And if you are highlighting to change color of font or bold text it does not do the section you choose.

GIPHY

White Cat Hello GIF

We're going to give this a try. There is a new GIF button in the editor that integrates with GIPHY. If it gets out of hand we will likely turn it off until limits can be introduced.

GIPHY

White Cat Hello GIF

We're going to give this a try. There is a new GIF button in the editor that integrates with GIPHY. If it gets out of hand we will likely turn it off until limits can be introduced.
If people abuse their new power and it gets turned off in threads can we please keep it for private messages and our profile posts? Please Brad pleaseeeeee. :smuggrin:

Back
Top Bottom