Software Upgrade

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
Chameleon Forums had a major software upgrade today that was required by the new species database and other resources currently under development. This is great news because the upgrade had become a serious bottleneck for our future plans. Due to the significance of the software changes the site design and many custom features had to be recreated. That work is not complete, so some areas may look a bit rough while we work to bring things back to normal over the next several weeks. Your patience will be greatly appreciated. If you see something that needs improvement feel free to contact me or post in the feedback forum.

@Brad , pics are not displaying in photo contest categories.

Contest pics.PNG

Also, link from banners does not bring to category.

Banners.PNG

Also, also... the banners are at the bottom on phone. when you click on them on the phone they return you to the top of the screen.

Last edited:
I'm also unable to see previews of messages or notifications when I hover over the icons, but can see them when I look at thread titles.

@Brad , pics are not displaying in photo contest categories.
It looks like bbcode is not being parsed in poll options. Added to the list. This needs to be fixed before voting begins for the January photo contest.

Also, link from banners does not bring to category.
fixed

Also, also... the banners are at the bottom on phone. when you click on them on the phone they return you to the top of the screen.
For phones I decided to move the images below recent discussions. The link behavior was related to the bug you reported above.

Is it possible to have a darker line between posts and signatures? It seems a bit difficult to differentiate sometimes.

sigs.PNG

Is it possible to have a darker line between posts and signatures? It seems a bit difficult to differentiate sometimes.
I also noticed that the signatures could use some improvement. I have yet to work on that page and expect to get to it this weekend. The font size may be a bigger issue. Here is what it looked like previously:
signature1.png

Featured Blogs section is gone. Also a bunch of the blog sub category links do not work.
The blog software was also upgraded and needs some fine tuning. No blog entries were lost. We might have to re-designate those few blogs as featured. I'm investigating the broken links.

Members online is showing up in two locations on the homepage on my phone. Also on desktop, but on the phone it is showing both near the bottom.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom