Chameleon Species Database 1.6

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
CSD 1.6
Chameleon Species Database

Welcome to version 1.6 of our Chameleon Species Database. This new version makes improvements to the experience feature introduced in September. As a reminder, the experience feature gives established members the ability to create and manage their own experience records. These records are grouped by species and are listed on their corresponding species profile page. The focus of this new upgrade is the development of a main experience page that contains all records from all species. Using this page members can see records that have been updated recently without having to visit over 235 different species profiles.

Experience Page
As mentioned above, a new experience page has been developed to act as a central location for experience records. The page currently has 3 tabs: Recent Updates, Information, and My Experience. The Recent Updates tab displays a main list of all experience records from every chameleon species. The records are sorted by last update and we've added several filter options. The Information tab will be used to display basic statistics from the database. It will also be used to provide general information for new members on how the system works. The My Experience tab will only display if you have an existing experience record. We added this feature to give members a convenient way to access all their existing experience records.

experience-page-tabs2.png

experience-page-info1.png

Like Integration
The reaction system (like system) has been integrated with experience records. If you see an experience record that you think is interesting or helpful to others then let the author know by using the reaction system.

like-integration1.png

New Widgets
Two new widgets have been added: Random Chameleon Species and Recent Experience Updates. The random species widget selects a chameleon species and displays its avatar, scientific name and primary common name. Only species that have an avatar are chosen. The recent updates widget simply displays the X most recently updated experience records. You will see these widgets added to the side column of some pages.

random-species1.jpg

recent-updates1.jpg

Feeback and Suggestions
Help us improve the Chameleon Species Database. Whether it be a design suggestion, or major feature request, we want to hear from you.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/forums/feedback-and-suggestions.12/

CSD Index Page Design Group
I created a small development team during the summer to help explore new design ideas for the CSD home page. The page was previously just text. More improvements are planned but I think this is a great start. I want to thank the team here for their help and patience. The page was long overdue for an update. If anyone has a suggestion for the next update please let us know in the feedback forum.
Big thanks to @Beman, @JacksJill, @JoXie411, and @Motherlode Chameleon.

Brad

The new database is looking great!! I am happy to contribute and participate in the development of this site. Plus there is more planned for this site.

I am looking forward to each of these new databases.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
really LOVE this feature! :love:

I was trying to fill mine out and noticed there wasn't an option for the Ambanja or Ambato

Am I missing something? Or is this still being worked on/expanded?

Last edited:
really LOVE this feature! :love:

I was trying to fill mine out and noticed there wasn't an option for the Ambanja or Ambato

Am I missing something? Or is this still being worked on/expanded?
Thank you. You're not missing anything. The species database does not currently track locales. That's a feature under consideration. The best way for you to share that information today is to use the text form on your experience record.

Could you post some pics of them, please?
Just asking if you have them currently so I could find a good breeder.
Any ideas?
Ill have to hunt them down n if I find em I will for sure let you know! Unfortunately my time with them was short lived😭 They were bought from a ROTTEN place that no longer exists and for VERY good reasons!

Their names were Alpha and Omega and they were brothers....I hadn't thought about them in quite some time 😥

Ill have to hunt them down n if I find em I will for sure let you know! Unfortunately my time with them was short lived😭 They were bought from a ROTTEN place that no longer exists and for VERY good reasons!

Their names were Alpha and Omega and they were brothers....I hadn't thought about them in quite some time 😥
Well, guess I wouldn't have gotten one from that breeder anyway! I'm in love with that locale!

Back
Top Bottom