Smart Plugs

We are getting our panther chameleon next week (thanks to @Camiezone)

We are in the final stages of setting everything up completely and running.

I have strip timmers for my lights but should I put my basking lamp on a thermometer instead with a probe? I have the temp and humidity probes throughout but should it be on a thermometer to turn it on and off as needed?

I just don't want it going super hot for some reason. Its a 75w incandescent work light.

I run my basking bulb on a thermostat. But if you check temps at basking regularly see what wattage bulb suits and stays at your required temps

You plug the light into a thermostat strip that has a probe inside of the cage
Yes my heat light is plugged into a dimmable thermostat, there is a probe directly under the light at the basking branch set to my desired temperature, the light doesn’t turn on and off it just goes with the flow so when it hits the temperature it just delivers less power to the light and increases the power when let's say the temperature drops 2 degrees below the set temp

I use a heat lamp with an adjustable dimmer. The dial is set at the precise temperature of 83. It's plugged into a wifi power/timer strip which eliminates having to make adjustments. I use probe thermometers ( really
Screenshot_20230827_121233_Chrome.jpg
inexpensive) at basking branch and top of the cage.

Back
Top Bottom