small prolapse help.

OOOst16

Established Member
Male yemmen 1yr old. Has recently been putting out a very very very small prolapse on only one side of his vent....it sticks out only at the begining, very minisquel, its not dead or dried, it plush and pink. I thought he might have a sperm plug stuck, so I bathed him in warm water in a tray, he released a plug by having a full hemipenis prolapse. He then pulled it all in again on both sides. I then put him inside his enclosure and the minisquel propy happend again on the same side as before. Now, he pulls the small propy on the one side all the time so its not suck....but what do I do to get him to stop stickin this little bit out on one side???????

While in the dish of water he stuck it all out, released a s plug, then pulled it back in, and a lil while later he released it all out again, he then brought it back in, so I placed him in his cage, and he went back to the original partial stick out on one side, (what's sticking out is pale pink and is rolled up, nothing deep is exposed.) It only sticks out about 3 milimeters very small.

Can you post a picture please?

The problem with any tissue that is normally inside the body being outside is that if it dries out/darkens its not a good thing.

It has Not darkend, and I've been keeping it moiste by spraying it, its just bearly sticking out, I honestly think its just stuck, I'm making a vet appt very soon for removal . Its also a pale. pink, its not dead or dieing. Also he can retract it all back in wich he does frequently.....but its like he gets irritated of it being in there so he relaxes and just let's it hang out a few milimeters after a while......now I'm not talking about the whole hemipenis.....just the very very very begining of the structure.

Good luck to you and your guy. I have never had it happen to me ( I better knock on some wood) but I am always worried it may happen.
One time I got a female who after 2 weeks of owning her she had an intestinal prolapse and died, I was so sad.

He retracted it all back in....so I'm stumped, I just showerd. Him, he released a sperm plug, but I also just relized after looking in the enclosure.....he hasn't pooped in a good while....but sometimes he poops in the plants, and they go MIA, I did feed him 6 mealworms (tiny and he's a big 1 yr old) do u think this is impaction related anyone???? The prolapse thing isn't constant, but he's a flasher, I'm so confused please help! Aslo during the shower,,, he pushed out the hole hemipenis, released it and then pulled it all back in.....dono if this helps but its more info.

I think I figured it out and the problem is fixed. Hehadnt pooped for nearly a week and a half during this whole prolapse issue. So....I bathed him in warm water. Showerd him, and eventualy he pooped a enormus poop. Since then the problem has stoped and he is back to normal. Pooping on his normal scedual. He was partialy impacted from very very large super worms. He's full grown so I figured they wouldn't hurt.....but I will now lay off mealworms/ supers in larger doses. I know supers are treats. I only used to give him 3 a week. But staarting now. It will be one a week. And no he's not overwight. He looks exactly like all the other yemmens u see on the forums. He will still stick out the hemipenis 1/4 of the way when he has a sperm plug stuck, but then I just mist it, grab it with my nails and gently pull it out, he then retracts it back in and all is well.

Back
Top Bottom