Issues with nighttime temps

LoveGun78

Hello, have a few concerns I been worried about. Have a male panther in a 2'2'4' tall screen enclosure. With extreme cold coming this week for the midwest. So I decided to not run the misting an foggers at night. His current temp is reading 60f with temp gun (body). An back of the enclosure is reading 53f at the bottom of the enclosure. House temps are 68f but this room only place i can put him seems on the cold side. Can he get a respiratory illness or anything similar? He's been doing very well eats every other day an on the small side. He's 8mons old. Only a temporary issue until it gets back into 30's an up. Currently under 0 degrees outside. I purchased him off of morph market. An his tongue only works about a inch in length. Can take photos of him tomorrow. Really don't wanna add heat for nighttime. Would need a thermostat an a dhp. Any advice would be appreciated.

I don’t have much advice, I’m in the same boat. I’m in southern Missouri and it dumped snow yesterday. It’s currently 3 degrees outside 😬 I added an extra heat bulb for mine during the day and it’s still not quite where I want it to be

I don’t have much advice, I’m in the same boat. I’m in southern Missouri and it dumped snow yesterday. It’s currently 3 degrees outside 😬 I added an extra heat bulb for mine during the day and it’s still not quite where I want it to be
I feel ya there. We have a dangerous wind cold advisory until Wednesday. But looks be sticking around until next week. I was thinking of adding a 50watt halogen. But don't have plug for a third on the timer. Can raise the wattage to 100watt currently using 75watt. Noticed yesterday isn't getting basking temps up to 85-86f. 100watt only risk is he climbs the top of the screen. But rarely see him doing this. Current bedroom hes in. The heating vent is barely putting any air flow. An house temps are 68f an that room is reading 60f. Moved him away from the wall. Just hoping for the best. An he will eat in next hour or 2.

I feel ya there. We have a dangerous wind cold advisory until Wednesday. But looks be sticking around until next week. I was thinking of adding a 50watt halogen. But don't have plug for a third on the timer. Can raise the wattage to 100watt currently using 75watt. Noticed yesterday isn't getting basking temps up to 85-86f. 100watt only risk is he climbs the top of the screen. But rarely see him doing this. Current bedroom hes in. The heating vent is barely putting any air flow. An house temps are 68f a that room is reading 60f. Moved him away from the wall. Just hoping for the best. An he will eat in next hour or 2.
Yea ambient temps in the room are 60s here as well. Which is fine at night time, but too cool for day time. I also don’t have a third plug on my timer, I just put it on a power strip and I’m manually turning it off and on.

Back
Top Bottom