Help! Prolapse or sperm plug!

Sarahm1998

Hi!

I have a Yemen chameleon, he is 7 months old and for the past day he has had a little brown bit coming out of his back passage (picture attached). I have an appointment for the vet however I don’t want to wait until Monday if it is something serious.

Can anyone help Me? I’m unsure if it is a prolapse or possibly a sperm plug.
He eats well but the past few days not as much as he normally does. His humidity is sat at 75 today. Although recently all he wants it to come out of his viv and sit on some plants we have in the room.
He has plenty of greenery and places to climb in the Viv and he’s getting sprayed twice a day.

Just want some advice and help! :(
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_0507.jpeg
    IMG_0507.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 55
I’ll let someone more experienced answer as to what they think it is. BUT IF it is a prolapse, you’ll need plain KY jelly to keep it moist till you can get him to the vet.

I'm leaning toward sperm plug. Try hand misting the back half of his body for several minutes and see if it softens up.
Pictures from a side view might help with a determination.

Last edited:
Until u see vet , what I did was smeated a good portion on the prolapse and wrapped him up to retain moisture and so he wouldnt scrape it along branches. His prolapse was worst case scenario, and he did end up loosing it, but is perfectly fine now. U should look up Petr Necas video about this topic, my boy is in that video actually. My moviestar, lol..

U can also use a qtip in the center of it to try to push it back in, if it is prolapse.
20230522_115058.jpg

Attachments

• 20230520_204944.jpg
    20230520_204944.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 42
Until u see vet , what I did was smeated a good portion on the prolapse and wrapped him up to retain moisture and so he wouldnt scrape it along branches. His prolapse was worst case scenario, and he did end up loosing it, but is perfectly fine now. U should look up Petr Necas video about this topic, my boy is in that video actually. My moviestar, lol..

U can also use a qtip in the center of it to try to push it back in, if it is prolapse.
View attachment 341787
Thank you so much- I don’t want to push it back in Incase it isn’t a prolapse!

View attachment 341787
Just watched that video and it was actually really helpful! Thank you

Back
Top Bottom