Slug Enclosure!

TheLetterAfterP(Q)

Avid Member
While hiking today with my GSD, I came across a super adorable SLUG!!! He was just too cute... so, I took a piece of bark I had collected earlier and picked him up! (y):p I brought him home and made him this super simple enclosure in the matter of minutes. I plan on adding much more, as well as placing him in a much larger enclosure. As for now he is nameless, but I would love some suggestions!

I'm going to be making a much larger feeder snail enclosure (20 gallon aquarium) and I'm hoping this little guy will fit right in. Boy oh boy is this upcoming chameleon changing my mind on many things. A year ago I would've never made a snail enclosure, now I want an appealing roach enclosure! Any tips?

Enjoy the pictures!!! :love:
20190611_042619.jpg
20190611_044412.jpg
20190611_044417.jpg
20190611_044603.jpg
20190611_044754.jpg
20190611_050632.jpg

They don't survive well in captivity that's for sure. I love finding them while diving, there just so cool.

Oh that's really cool! I've seen some of them in the SW hobby, but never seemed to be long term. Been a while, I couldn't remember why they didn't do well. They are amazing looking creatures that's for sure.

When raising wild caught snails as feeders you wait for the adults to lay eggs and then move the eggs to a clean container to raise for feeding.
You want the second generation to be free of parasites.
Right! I plan on setting up a nice 20 gallon enclosure for these wc snails. After they have laid eggs I'll separate the eggs into a new enclosure until there is a sufficient amount of snails to empty out the 20 gallon tank of the wc and redo it for my babies. When transfering the baby snails to a separate container do I wait until they hatched out, or do I move the eggs themselves?

Move the eggs so that the babies are never exposed to their parents poop. Just scoop them out of the soil with a spoon and transfer them to their new fresh clean home.

Back
Top Bottom