Signs of sickness

I don't get the hostility. There are many breeders much closer to NY (which is what the OP asked for).

Overnight shipping? From CA to NY? Now? FedEx has a banner at the top of their homepage:

Consider: There are delays due to COVID, compounded with delays due to the Holiday season, compounded with delays due to vaccine delivery, exacerbated by sub-freezing temperatures throughout the northeast and other parts of the country most of this week.

Finding a breeder closer to home makes perfect sense to me under these circumstances, and I don't find anything wrong with it under normal circumstances. YMMV.
Suggest some reputable NY breeders then....😝

Suggest some reputable NY breeders then....😝
The request was for breeders in the New York area.
FramsChams
Busy B's Exotics
CNY Chamouflage
Kevin Stanford Chameleons
Crazy House Chameleons (Discontinued due to COVID :( )
Chameleons by Design
Tree Candy Chameleons
Screameleons Chameleons
Repxotica (Reptile store)
Kilgour's Chameleons
Island Chameleons

That's 10 for starters. There are more. I've already posted how to find breeders several times.
I have not vetted these, as that's subjective, and my criteria are likely different than others'.

FramsChams
Busy B's Exotics
CNY Chamouflage
Chameleons by Design
Tree Candy Chameleons
Screameleons Chameleons
Kilgour's Chameleons
Island Chameleons

That's 10 for starters. There are more. I've already posted how to find breeders several times.
I have not vetted these, as that's subjective, and my criteria are likely different than others'.
Could've done this in the 1st place and save yourself the time to critique! But thats just me YMMV 🤷🏻‍♂️

FramsChams
Busy B's Exotics
CNY Chamouflage
Chameleons by Design
Tree Candy Chameleons
Screameleons Chameleons
Kilgour's Chameleons
Island Chameleons

How many of these even have chameleons available and/or are reputable(not saying they aren't, but simply listing breeders is the easy part). I've bought one of my chams from tree candy, which is great BTW, but she doesn't always have chameleons available. It took me a long time to get that amazing blurple ambanja lol.

Another thing is, if there is a shipping risk, you can bet a reputable breeder, like the kammers, would hold off.

Could've done this in the 1st place and save yourself the time to critique! But thats just me YMMV 🤷🏻‍♂️
Were you one of the kids that copied off your classmates' homework? :rolleyes:

Like I said, I've posted more than once how to build an initial list of potential breeders.
People are going to disagree on this, but IMO people should do their own homework & research.
I don't mind pointing folks in the right direction (how to build a list) but I really haven't the time or inclination for doing it all for them; I've done my due diligence in that arena.

Vetting is subjective, so up to the individual (along with establishing if any chams are currently available).

Like I said, I've posted more than once how to build an initial list of potential breeders.
People are going to disagree on this, but IMO people should do their own homework & research.
I don't mind pointing folks in the right direction (how to build a list) but I really haven't the time or inclination for doing it all for them; I've done my due diligence in that arena.

Vetting is subjective, so up to the individual (along with establishing if any chams are currently available).

Coming off very narcissistic on these forums, once again. If you don't want to help, then don't. When I don't have the time, I don't post. Simple as that. And btw, you seem to have plenty of time considering you got ranked chameleon enthusiast before ever owning one...

Are you the guy that doesn't win an argument at home and decides to be a keyboard hero?
You talk about time, seems like you have plenty out here arguing uselessly. I could do this all day, i don't mind! 😎 i deal with ppl like you on a daily basis.
She was asking for good breeders. I pointed out good breeders. Im not gonna search locally, i didn't even do that for my chameleon. Like you said, you don't have the time and people should do their own research. So I helped her as much as i could and pointed in the right direction, and based on the members response, seems like she was very happy with that. and made a great decision. 🤷🏻‍♂️. Now that you get your buttons pushed sounds like a personal problem and maybe you shouldn't stress yourself being on these pages.... YMMV....

Are you the guy that doesn't win an argument at home and decides to be a keyboard hero?
I made a mistake, and I apologized for it, and now you want to escalate things with a crack about a 50 yr relationship that has nothing to do with anything? I don't think I'm the one with personal issues.

She was asking for good breeders.
Actually, she asked:
Do you know of any other places in the New York area I can purchase one from?
You brought up Highlighter, whom I hadn't heard of before, so I asked if they were in the NY area.
I had searched the NY area myself, and they didn't turn up. I still have no idea where they are, but that seems moot now.

I really thought people would have been more amicable about answering her question as asked instead of ignoring the geography and getting hostile about it. I still don't understand what was wrong with her question. Nobody even bothered to ASK why she wanted one in the NY area before blowing that part of the question off.

While I may not have had time to vet the list I provided, IMO it still pointed her in the right direction with what was asked for—other places in the New York area [she] can purchase one from.

seems like she was very happy with that. and made a great decision. 🤷🏻‍♂️.
I also wasn't aware her decision was final. It looked to me from some responses that FramsChams also would have been a good choice, and in the area.

You talk about time, seems like you have plenty out here arguing uselessly. I could do this all day, i don't mind! 😎 i deal with ppl like you on a daily basis.
She was asking for good breeders. I pointed out good breeders. Im not gonna search locally, i didn't even do that for my chameleon. Like you said, you don't have the time and people should do their own research. So I helped her as much as i could and pointed in the right direction, and based on the members response, seems like she was very happy with that. and made a great decision. 🤷🏻‍♂️. Now that you get your buttons pushed sounds like a personal problem and maybe you shouldn't stress yourself being on these pages.... YMMV....
I appreciate your opinion and I plan to order from online. So you are right, it is not required it be local. However, this forum is made so people can express different opinions, so there is no reason to be argueing with @Klyde O'Scope :) Please don't be hostile towards one another. Both of you have very valid and helpful opinions and I will take both into consideration! Much love!

I appreciate your opinion and I plan to order from online. So you are right, it is not required it be local. However, this forum is made so people can express different opinions, so there is no reason to be argueing with @Klyde O'Scope :) Please don't be hostile towards one another. Both of you have very valid and helpful opinions and I will take both into consideration! Much love!
You're very welcome! Can't wait to see what you pick!

Back
Top Bottom