Signs of sickness

Bazelthechameleon

Avid Member
Hi everyone! I'm getting a chameleon in a couple weeks for Christmas and it is getting shipped to my house overnight. As a new chameleon mom you could imagine that I am worried about him getting bumped around, or freezing in transit. When he arrives, is there any signs I should look for that he might not be feeling great when he gets here. I just want to make sure that he is healthy when he arrives and nothing went wrong while in transit. Many Thanks :)

Honestly I’m not familiar with all the signs of sickness (swollen eyes/limbs/body parts, excessive sleeping during the day, discolored/burnt skin or casques, sunken eyes, labored breathing are a few I know of) but if your a new mommy it’ll be hard to spot so the best advice I can give you is to take pics of your cage and fill out the husbandry form and have the experts here review it BEFORE your little one arrives, as soon as you get him/her attach PICTURES of all angles of your baby. Best of luck and welcome to Chameleon Mommyhood! I hope you get to feel all the love and joy that comes from caring for these awesome creatures! 🥰

Husbandry form: https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

This is one of the places I most commonly hear about people getting sick or injured chameleons. Good luck.
True my hatchling which cost me an arm and leg his right eye seems kind to close but other is fine then he opens it seen him rub it on the vines I have so will be taking to vet I don't recommend none to buy from cb reptile

This is one of the places I most commonly hear about people getting sick or injured chameleons. Good luck.
Really? Jeez that doesn't help my nerves. Do you know of any other places in the New York area I can purchase one from? Are you sure that this place is not a good seller?

True my hatchling which cost me an arm and leg his right eye seems kind to close but other is fine then he opens it seen him rub it on the vines I have so will be taking to vet I don't recommend none to buy from cb reptile
Oh my goodness! Thank you for letting me know! Do you know any other places in the New York area I could purchase one?

Thank you! Will do! I love your channel by the way! It has definitley helped me prepare and learn about chameleons! :)
Aww you are very welcome and thank you! If you're looking for a good breeder I would also check out the site's sponsors: view our sponsors (chameleonforums.com) It's super important you buy from a good breeder and get a healthy baby from the beginning :)

Oh my goodness! Thank you for letting me know! Do you know any other places in the New York area I could purchase one?

If you didn't buy it yet, DO NOT BUY, STAY AWAY!

If you did, make up an excuse and ask for a refund!!

Trust me, you'll end up paying way more than you would if you were to buy it from Kammerflage or Framschams or other reputable breeder in the 1st place! He will probably be sick and you end up paying more in vet bills or worse, he will die in less than 24 hrs(like my 1st hatchling from them did) and i ended up paying more to get a juvenile because i couldn't get a refund. And he came in bad shape, injured eye, nose and missing 2 dorsal spikes. You can't even see the chameleon you buy from them. That should be a big NO NO, sadly it wasn't for me and ended up paying 500$ for a chameleon i didn't get to see or choose until he arrived at my doorsteps. It is sad that cbreptile is the 1st website to pop-up when looking for chameleons for sale on Google. That was my mistake and stubbornness to create a forums account and research before buying. But hopefully it is not too late for you. 🙏🏼

Back
Top Bottom