Sigh....

Pablothecow

Ok... So.. I had my female veiled in her laying bin for the past 24 hours. She didn't go down into the sand to dig tunnels at all. She spent all of her time in there trying to escape. She didn't seem interested in laying at all. So could it just b too early for her to lay? Even tho she was showing the signs?

Have you dug her a sample tunnel? I think it's a great idea. Sometimes they even use your sample tunnel for their eggs.

Have you dug her a sample tunnel? I think it's a great idea. Sometimes they even use your sample tunnel for their eggs.

Yeah I dug her a sample tunnel. She didn't want anything to do with the sand. I stuck her back in her cage and she was more than happy to eat some carrot. I don't even know what to do with her lol. I guess I'll try again if she stops eating and shows that she wants to lay..

Yeah I dug her a sample tunnel. She didn't want anything to do with the sand. I stuck her back in her cage and she was more than happy to eat some carrot. I don't even know what to do with her lol. I guess I'll try again if she stops eating and shows that she wants to lay..

Are you sure she's ready to lay?

Do you have a shallow sand bin in the cage with her? Run a vine to that so she can access it and watch for her scratching at that sand.

Are you sure she's ready to lay?

I'm pretty sure. She has the little lump thing between her to front legs. And she was looking much fatter than usual. If it wasnt for the lump, I would have just assumed she was fat. But because of that, it led me to believe that she was ready to lay

Well she will lay when she is ready to lay. Just keep the bin in with her, leave her alone, and like Elizadolots said run something so that she can get in and out.

I'll keep the shallow sand in there with her. But the cage I have for her now isn't big enough to put they laying bin in. Or else I would totally do that and not b so paranoid.

Just keep the shallow bin in with her and keep an eye peeled for signs of scratching. Remember, you might not see her scratch, so smooth the sand out and check it whenever you come back to the room.

All of my females tend to start pacing around when they're ready to lay and pretty much stop eating altogether. If you know your cham's habits you'll know when she's ready, give it time, it'll happen.

Ok thanks. And mine, like the first day I got her made rounds thru the cage like twice a day. She still does it. She will start at her vine at the top and work her way down and around all the vines walk across the bottom of the cage and come back up. And she is still eating alot lol

she went to sleep last night and this morning she happily ate 5 or six crickets. i smoothed the sand out and ill keep an eye on it today. if she does have eggs, they dont seem to b causing her much discomfort from what i can tell.

Back
Top Bottom