Shivering Chameleon

Panthor

Hey guys need some help, one of my hatchlings doesnt look to well. Hes gone a different (darker) colour and is shivering every now and again.

I currently have them in an open top tub with a plant feed them pin heads which they have all been eating with gusto with calcium and multi vite supps. Linear 5.0UVB plus a halogen lamp to 90-85F in the basking spot.

I hand mist several times daily.

Any ideas what this might be caused from? Hes has been one of the strongest feeders and most active with all health being normal as of yesterday.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers

Nam

Get it outdoors for natural UVB imo.
Can you take some video of it 'shivering'?
This is unusual and all I can think of is tremors associated with MBD.
This may not be the case but we need lots of information ok.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Pictures are helpful

Ill try and get some video of him.

He seems normal when on the move but shivers/shudders at rest. He is still feeding so has an appetite and still reacts normally to everything else and stools are normal with white urea.

I dont think its MBD I supplement both with and without D3 calcium and also have herpetivite multivites. Crickets gutloaded with carrots, spinach, dandelions and fish food.

Ive only used spinach once but I think Broccili is bad.

After the initital few times he did it less and less today and has been running around like normal and feeding no problems. The only difference is he is extremely angry towards the other hatchlings and normally where he would run up my finger today he is just angry with me..

No idea but I will keep you all posted

It might be a good idea to move it into a separate cage if its reacting to the other hatchlings and "shivering".

Spinach and brocoli are both bad as they have high oxalate levels that interfere with calcium absorption. Check the link in my signature to see more nutritional info on fruits and veggies.

If he is "angry" at the other hatchlings he needs to be separated. Stress is not good for them.

Thanks for the responses guys. No more spinach from now on.

Woke up today and looked at him and he is back to his normal colouration and no more shivering:confused:

Guess I will just have to keep an eye on him and go from there...

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom