Shipping bags

WinstonChrchll

What do you guys use as shipping bags or similar when shipping your chams? I dont have a "reptile bag" and would like to know/see some of the alternatives.

Thanks

I just live a couple hours north of you and I have a ton of reptile bags. I ordered them from Ship Your Reptiles to ship my babies in then decided to use the brown paper bag instead. PM me and I'll be happy to mail you a few.

You can use a brown paper bag with shredded news paper in the bottom. Poke some holes in the bag, stuff the lizard in it:eek: and then staple it shut. I prefer to use the brown paper bags or cloth ones over deli cups.

I like to use paper lunch sacks over deli cups and cloth sacks.
For big lizards I use grocery bags or the heavy paper bags used for taking ice cream cartons home from the grocery store.

The deli cups are hard- when the box gets jarred I imagine a head hitting the side or lid of the deli cup. The cloth bags are abrasive. Especially when dampened slightly. Paper bags are soft (compared to deli cups), and non-abrasive (compared to cloth bags). They can be taped into the shipping box so they do not move at all during transit, leaving more room for air in the shipping container.

Back
Top Bottom