Shedding / growing...

Auntbee86

hello, I'm just wondering...my cham is growing and I just wanted to ask if his shedding will come more frequently...his 1st was 09/23/10, 2nd was 10/10/10, and today was his 3rd. Since I've had him and I've noticed his colors are really starting to show, and we have noticed he has grown alot since I'm had him. What is the regular shedding scheduale...i mean should it be like days/weeks/months apart or is it always just random. I know its normal but should it be ike once a month or every other week...i just was wondering if its okay/ normal and i just worry that i may be doing something wrong or what should i do to help him out. he seems really happy and fine am i just freakin out? okay i'll just chill out but i was curious about how far apart is the normal shedding? thanks. :D

you will see him shed less frequently throughout his/her life. i remember when my cham used to shed about 2x a month, now he only sheds once every couple months.

I suppose every cham is maybe a little different, because some grow quicker than others, but about once a month when they are about 6 months from my experience. My cham is 11 months old now and has not shed in 6 weeks, or should I say a full shed. When they are older it is normal for them to shed in parts, like mine just shed his back legs but nothing else!

Amy shed every month until she got to 6 months of age, then she started to shed every 3 months. But they can shed in stages as adults like Carol said, maybe shedding head, followed by legs, then body, etc and the process could take a couple of weeks rather than a couple of hours!

Back
Top Bottom