Senegal with partial darkness? (Pics)

MD19

Hey guys. So my senegal appeared to be going a little darker around choice areas tonight. I offered her food and she ate up and I've been misting/letting something drip in her cage. Only differences in the past week were that her live schefflera plant was removed because it looked to be failing and starting three days ago instead of UVB she's been getting pure sunlight. The first day she was out I checked on her and she was VERY dark. Like, dark, dark brown almost indistinguishable from black. I became alarmed and immediately went to bring her back inside and within ten seconds she was perfectly green again. Same thing happened later that day since I allowed her to stay out. I later read that this was probably her basking color but since I have never seen that in her cage under the UVB I am wondering if she's either not used to it or isn't getting enough? Besides that, tonight I noticed these:

What do you think?

I don't think its anything to worry about...it looks like part of her pattern.
Do you have a container for her to dig in in case she's gravid?

I don't think its anything to worry about...it looks like part of her pattern.
Do you have a container for her to dig in in case she's gravid?

I do not. I did not pay this as much thought as I should have when I removed her live plant. I will add one now. On another note, I have caught her sleeping during the day. Is this odd?

Even though I have a veiled cham, I just wanted to tell you that my guy would turn very dark the first few times I took him outside into the bright natural sunlight.
While he is normally very green, he would turn dark, almost black, when in the real sun, and he would cage cruise everywhere. I dont think the color is something to be concerned about, however her sleeping during the day is.

Even though I have a veiled cham, I just wanted to tell you that my guy would turn very dark the first few times I took him outside into the bright natural sunlight.
While he is normally very green, he would turn dark, almost black, when in the real sun, and he would cage cruise everywhere. I dont think the color is something to be concerned about, however her sleeping during the day is.

I will have to see. Tonight she had her eyes closed in a darker room so that may have been the reason. As for color, I'm not very worried when she's out in the sun, it just seemed odd that she was almost speckled with blackish inside.

I will have to see. Tonight she had her eyes closed in a darker room so that may have been the reason. As for color, I'm not very worried when she's out in the sun, it just seemed odd that she was almost speckled with blackish inside.

What tiem did you notice her closing her eyes? Sometiimes my guy will fall asleep in a darker room, even if his lights were on, around 6 pm.

SHes very cute btw. I thought it was odd too the colors my guy turned in the sun, but i think its kind of like a "OMG its real sun, I dont know what to do! Lets get it all!" type reaction. I posted a thread on the same thing, that he had turned black outside, and seemed to be freaking out about it.

i have seen my gf senegal sleeping during the day too ..well napping she wakes up as soon as she sees movement...what usually causes them to sleep during day? im also wondering how to distinguish the ma:confused:es from females in senegals

Back
Top Bottom