Sad Sad News From The Vet Yesterday

sorry to hear about red jann. i know what it's like to have a dog go through health issues. my rottie had a growth plate in her front leg close early as a puppy and had to get 2 surgeries done to correct that and then a few years later, she tore a ligament in her back leg playing in the snow and she had to get another surgery for that. then of course rehad after the 3rd surgery. most expensive dog i've ever owned!!!

it's very sad to see your companion be sick/hurt. i hope red pullls through w/o any problems. just stick by red and support him just like he would do for you.

Red truly is a very special dog. Just spending a bit of time showed what a sweet, gentle dog he is. I an very sorry to hear this news about him. I hope things go well for him, and he lives a good while longer, healthy and happy.

I will keep you and Red in my prayers. He looks like an absolute sweet-heart, and I know how much you love him, and every one of your animals. Stay strong, keep your chin up, and best wishes to both of you. Keep the forums updated, and if you need any support during this rough patch let me know... We are all here for you.

Jann, I'm so sorry to hear this. It seems you have a good treatment option and that's a wonderful thing. He's a lovely animal. He's lucky to have you as his human Mom.

Jann we are all pulling for Red to make a full recovery. Having met him in person I know what a real sweetheart he really is. They are just like a member of the family, so I know how difficult this is for you. Wishing you, Michael and Red all the best.

So very very sorry to hear this Jann, my heart goes out to you. I love my chams with all my heart but my puppy is my heart and sole. He looks like a good strong beauty of a pup and I wish you both nothing but well wishes and succes with treatment.
You go Red Dog!!!!
big huggs

Hoj

Jann, I so hate to hear this as I know how much you love Red!!!! And having been lucky enough to meet him I know why!!!!! Wishing Red, you and Micheal strength and well wishes!!!!
Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help!!!!
I'm saying a special prayer,, you guys keep a good thought!!!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry to hear! I'm sure he is a great dog. My thoughts are with you guys and I hope he does well. I hope you have many more happy years together.

Thank you everyone for you support. Red stared his Prednisone today and will go to the oncologist next week. I keep you all updated.

Macrobiotic Diet Works!

Thank you everyone for you support. Red stared his Prednisone today and will go to the oncologist next week. I keep you all updated.
We met Dr. Ralston many years ago in Dallas. He was a well-known vet who practiced holistic veterinary medicine. Our dachshund had just become paralyzed from some weird infection. He treated her with a macrobiotic diet and some strong vitamins and minerals and acupuncture treatments. He had her walking again within a week and she lived another 5 years, dying peacefully in her sleep one day at 14.
Dr. Ralston told us of how he, himself, had a tumor on his heart and thus began his research and conversion to holistic medicine. He was even featured in Parade magazine (how we came to know of him) and passed his macrobiotic recipe on to all who would hear him out.
Five years ago, my wife was diagnosed with metastatic carcinoma so severe that they sent her home to die with a broken hip they "couldn't treat" due to the cancer being every where. We went back through our papers and found that recipe and started on it. October it will be five years since that diagnosis. She has had no treatment, no therapy, just a change in diet and living style. She has been working full time since two months after the diagnosis and has only missed two 1/2 days.
I don't have an electronic version of that recipe with me here but as soon as I can get to where I have it I will pm it to you. Mostly it is organic in nature with no additives or prepared foods. It is very simple to prepare and anyone can eat it. We ate it for dinner every day for one solid year once and we were all the healthiest we'd ever been. I've used it on other dogs for different illnesses and it has always worked.
The quicker you get him on this diet, the faster he will get better. The basic parts of it are natural whole-grain brown rice, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, fresh, skinless chicken breast or fresh fish high in omega oils, sea salt (w/no additives), sea kelp powder, and filtered water. Everything is steamed, boiled, or the meat can be baked. Then it's all mixed together and refrigerated. Warmed in a small pan for individual servings (Never Microwaved!!!) and served with no other foods. I will get the specific info to you asap! Please try it. It can't hurt, won't conflict with any other treatment, and could only improve your pet's chances of improved health to fight off the cancer.

Aww Jann that's terrible news! He's lucky to have you looking after him. My good wishes to you and little red xx

Thank you all for you nice comments. So far Red is not showing any signs of illness so hopefully we caught this early.

Brian, I will be looking for more info from you. I'm willing to try anything.

Update on Red

I took Red for his first chemo treatment of L-spar today and they increased his Prednisone to 60 mg's a day. He will go back on Friday for Vincristine. So far he seems fine with no signs of sickness. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Glad to hear that his first treatment wasn't to bad!!!!! Hopefully he'll handle them all with a grain of salt!!!!
I'll be keeping you all in my prayers!!!

Thank you all for you nice comments. So far Red is not showing any signs of illness so hopefully we caught this early.

Brian, I will be looking for more info from you. I'm willing to try anything.

I need a way to send this as an attachment. Email me like Lisa did and I'll send it to you, too!

I took Red for his first chemo treatment of L-spar today and they increased his Prednisone to 60 mg's a day. He will go back on Friday for Vincristine. So far he seems fine with no signs of sickness. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Good to hear he's doing ok :)

We will keep wishing him better x

Back
Top Bottom