Sad Sad News From The Vet Yesterday

Aw man that really hurts me to read and I hope all is well for you): I have such a soft spot for dogs as well so I can only imagine how you feel right now. I wish you the best.

Red is home

He's still weak but happy to be home. We go to see the Oncologist tomorrow and I'm so worried he want be able to get his chemo anymore. Without chemo we might have him 2 months. With chemo we could have him a year or maybe longer.

Redishome7812.jpg

Last edited:
Jann it's really good to see him home with you! I hope all goes well for you guys tomorrow. This is such a sad story but I'm really hoping it'll have a happy ending :)

The chemo profile changes as the healing progresses. I doubt the oncologist will want to stop it, I suspect it will, instead, be changed. He's looking good and obviously, he's happy to be home with you.

Sorry to read this Jann, I hope he is with you for at least another year. He is a fantastic dog and I have enjoyed meeting him on my visits.

Please let us know what Red's Dr has to say. Such a beautiful boy and he is blessed to have you.

Update on the visit to the oncologist today

We were at the doctors for over 2 hours. Red's blood work is improving but he's still weak and shaking. Of course he did not have a treatment today but if he continues to improve he might get to have one this Friday or next Wednesday. The good news was he is still in remission.

Thank you all for your continued support. It really means allot.

Brian, Red is on the dish diet. He ate a chicken thigh and some green beans when we got home from the vets. I even mixed in his meds and he ate those right up, too.

Little Gizmo is still alive. I am still working with her. She will not eat or drink on her own but will lick the Repta Boost and water from me.

I'm glad that Red is still improving. Long may it continue. I'll keep sending those good vibes your way :).

Poor little Gizmo. I reckon if anyone could bring her back you could.

I'm so glad to hear about Red! Poor Red, hopefully he continues to get stronger and do well. He's such a sweet boy.

We were at the doctors for over 2 hours. Red's blood work is improving but he's still weak and shaking. Of course he did not have a treatment today but if he continues to improve he might get to have one this Friday or next Wednesday. The good news was he is still in remission.

Thank you all for your continued support. It really means allot.

Brian, Red is on the dish diet. He ate a chicken thigh and some green beans when we got home from the vets. I even mixed in his meds and he ate those right up, too.

Little Gizmo is still alive. I am still working with her. She will not eat or drink on her own but will lick the Repta Boost and water from me.
It's good to hear that Red's blood work is improving. He looks like a wonderful dog.

Update on Red

Thank you so much everyone. Red is just the greatest dog.

Red's appointment with the Oncologist was yesterday in West Palm Beach. His blood work was back to normal but I told the vet that he still wasn't back to 100% so she wants to hold off on treatment until Monday and see how he's doing them. The drug that he has next Cytoxan can be given orally so she sent me home with the drug. I'm suppose to call her Monday morning and if he's back to 100% I can give him the Cytoxan at home. I can see improvement in him everyday. He got into his bag of bone yesterday and ate 3/4's of them so that was a good sign he's getting back to himself. :D

Last edited:
Yay I'm glad his bloodwork is back to normal and he's feeling better! Cytoxan doesn't have the same side effects to cause low white blood cell count hardly at all so hopefully it will be smooth sailing!

Im so glad to hear that Red is doing better :) I actually had Cytoxan years ago as part of my pre-transplant treatment, to prep me for Bone Marrow Transplant. Its a very effective chemo... Hope it keeps him in remission. He is in my thoughts & prayers...sending healthy healing vibes his way!!

I can see improvement in him everyday. He got into his bag of bone yesterday and ate 3/4's of them so that was a good sign he's getting back to himself

Yay! It's still a long process and there will be DOWN days. There will. But it's the over all progress that's important.

Back
Top Bottom