repti glo?

franticurchin

repti glo 5.0 18 inch are these bulbs any good there half the price or less of the repti sun 18 inch bulbs and i would like to use them if they are ok to use... it would save me alot of money in shipping and the bulb itself.

Repti-glo is completely fine, most people just use Reptisun because it's well known and lasts a little longer. Just replace your bulb every 6 months and you are fine!

Great i was wondering about this also! The repti glo is wayy cheaper like four bucks plus no shipping, i can buy it in town. :)

yeah i use both...change the repti glo out about every 6 months and the reptisun out about every 8 months

I've always used Repti Glo for my females and they have always been very healthy and happy. I change them every 6 months.

Do you use the 10.0 or 5.0, and how big is your cage?
I have a 4mo. Yemen in a 32X13X28 mesh cage, she came with a 10.0 UVB ReptiGlo. Is this too strong? I've heard to high of wattage can hurt chams eyes?

Do you use the 10.0 or 5.0, and how big is your cage?
I have a 4mo. Yemen in a 32X13X28 mesh cage, she came with a 10.0 UVB ReptiGlo. Is this too strong? I've heard to high of wattage can hurt chams eyes?

yes the 10.0 is too strong esspecially for a younger cham.
jmo
hoj

Tthanks will pick up a 5.0 today. Is the 10.0 worth holding onto until she is older? Also, I read somewhere that chams might benefit from having additional visual lighting like the 2.0 reptiGlo. Have you heard anything like that, or is it also something I should hold off from until she's older?

Thank you so much for your quick responses!!

you can always save the 10.0 for an emergency or you could prob raise it up afew inches about the cage to decrease the amount reaching your cham.
as for visual lighting most use a linear flourecent in the 6500k color range it will providegood visual light and help your plants as well.
jmo
hoj

Back
Top Bottom