reliable thermometer/hygrometer

ayiaskepi

I am looking for a reliable thermometer/hygrometer for my cage set up. I have a $35 Cooper brand one that takes both readings off of a probe. It does not work anymore after under a year. I thought these were made to get wet!

Any suggestions?

I use these: http://www.luckyreptile.com/html/seiten/products;pid1,2$pid2,3335$pid3,7773728;145,en.html
Hopefully you can get them in the states! They're very good, reliable and have the usual functions you want to have! I even managed to slightly melt the temp probe (I was being an idiot and left it on top of the cage right next to the light and it still functions perfectly - I checked it against a another thermometer to check!) and have had the hygrometer probe completely submerged before and it dried out and works fine (again, another moment of stupidity!)! :D

Which sponsors are you referring to. I cannot seem to locate any that may have what I am looking for.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am familiar with that website. However, the probes (from what I could tell in my research) are HUGE. Where do you put them in your enclosure?

Thanks for the suggestion. I am familiar with that website. However, the probes (from what I could tell in my research) are HUGE. Where do you put them in your enclosure?

The first Christmas after I started in this hobby my family gave that hygrometer to me. The remote sensors are not "HUGE." Originally I used the hygrometer for a single cage that was 6' x 3' x 2.5' and there was room for two sensors. It is now being used for my greenhouse and where I'm using the maximum 3 sensors for this unit. It's hard to find the units that can accommodate that many sensors. Usually they have one.

They can be installed on the screen if someone is creative about it. You may be thinking of the mount or the cup that covers it to protect it from water falling onto it. It's not that bad. Not if you want an accurate reading.

In my opinion, these types of hygrometers are well worth the money. They can last for years as I can attest to. Plus, they are way more accurate than the products sold in our hobby.

Back
Top Bottom