Red eyed tree frogs

I mean look at this guy he had a bug on his face and he didnt eat it lol
475DF1AA-F01D-4013-B521-F23979FAAB2D.jpeg

Congratulations! They will hunt on their own. I still have not seen my 2 frogs eat but they are growing.

Just a little warmer for the day and 21c is good for night. Lucky for us amphibians and reptiles are cold blooded. Once your terrarium is complete you will be able to make adjustments. (y)

I would just worry about keeping their temperature and humidity in check until you have the enclosure set up. They could still be stressed from traveling

I would just worry about keeping their temperature and humidity in check until you have the enclosure set up. They could still be stressed from traveling
The ground temp is 24 celsius and the box is so humid I barely see through. I my humidity measurer is too big for this box but My enclosure is coming tomorrow. They are eating like crazy!

If they are eating, they are doing fine during this brief habitat change. Just so you know-- my 8 White's will eat about 700 med crickets weekly. I also give them a few superworms and adult male roaches. (y)

If they are eating, they are doing fine during this brief habitat change. Just so you know-- my 8 White's will eat about 700 med crickets weekly. I also give them a few superworms and adult male roaches. (y)
I see that they poop alot. How do you clean and how often do you clean the enclosure. Should I get isopods or clean it myself?

This is the reason I made the water habitat.
If I were you -- invest in a nice pair of tweezers, and a few plastic spoons to get the job done.

As fare as isopods go-- if they are visible to the frogs, they are far game for snacking. (y)

There are a few different ways.
1. Get the tweezers and feed then a few bugs every day or every other day.
2. Feed in a separate container which has no substrate just damp towel.
For the second way I would get some gloves if you are going to handle them--- to protect their skin. I don't handle mine so would choose the 1st choice.

The way my set-up is there are no hiding places for the crickets, so they all get eaten. Some will jump in the water and drown but I get the tweezers out and tweezer feed then to the frogs. So, nothing is left uneaten. But remember my frogs were all tadpoles and have been trained to eat this way.
I am sure with a little time; you will be able to do the same. (y)

My Milk's are way to small for me to even think about feeding them with tweezers.

Fruit fly in second pic.. ity bity froggies.

The tweezer method didn't work so well this morning. I was too slow to get the full picture.
Note: I have silicone on the end of the tweezers, so it does not hurt the frog.

I would not place a cap or rubber over the tweezers because the frog might pull it off when eating the food.

Attachments

• PXL_20220226_155749500.jpg
    PXL_20220226_155749500.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 79
  • PXL_20220226_155713762 (2)_LI.jpg
    PXL_20220226_155713762 (2)_LI.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 69
  • PXL_20220228_173149621.jpg
    PXL_20220228_173149621.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 77
There are a few different ways.
1. Get the tweezers and feed then a few bugs every day or every other day.
2. Feed in a separate container which has no substrate just damp towel.
For the second way I would get some gloves if you are going to handle them--- to protect their skin. I don't handle mine so would choose the 1st choice.

The way my set-up is there are no hiding places for the crickets, so they all get eaten. Some will jump in the water and drown but I get the tweezers out and tweezer feed then to the frogs. So, nothing is left uneaten. But remember my frogs were all tadpoles and have been trained to eat this way.
I am sure with a little time; you will be able to do the same. (y)

My Milk's are way to small for me to even think about feeding them with tweezers.

Fruit fly in second pic.. ity bity froggies.

The tweezer method didn't work so well this morning. I was too slow to get the full picture.
They are too small for tweezers i think. Would it work if I put one container of bugs on the ground? Woukd they realize they can it there? I dont want bugs crawling around..

You can put a separate bug container in and the frogs will learn to go into it and eat. (y) It's all about the training.
Remember, I put a few months into thinking about how I wanted my set-up along with filtration, odor, and even extra food. Plus, the many years of dealing without all that.

These are the little tweaks to fix your habitat. Good work!

The other day my Mystery snail laid eggs.. Yippee

Attachments

• PXL_20220226_155428815.jpg
    PXL_20220226_155428815.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 72
  • PXL_20220228_050054464.jpg
    PXL_20220228_050054464.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 71
Back
Top Bottom