Randall fell from the top of a window today:(

Ladybones

Randall fell from the top of the window today, I was finishing making his new home up and he went from his plant that was in front of the window all the way up to the top, he grabbed the blinds and slipped :( My son said he seen him hit the window sill and then to the floor (I had craft material on the floor thankfully that he landed into) but he did hit the window sill :(

I checked him out really well and he seemed fine other then he was angry and hissed at us a few times probably because he really didn't want to come out of his enclosure and then he fell.

Now my husband (who is in Afghanistan) keeps telling me Randall will be dead in the morning due to Internal injuries. :( (hubby dislikes lizards) but he knows how much I love Randall and I know he wasn't telling me that because he hates him... He kids around all the time...

But now I really am worried that Randall hurt himself, He walked around fine and he actually found a cricket and ate it. Should I be worried that he has Internal Injuries though? he did go to sleep and is all green, but he is sleeping hanging onto the branch sideways.

He is not sleeping where he usually sleeps because of his enclosure changed around and he hates change, he really has not checked it out all the way either.

what do I look for if he did hurt himself? Here is his picture sleeping tonight.

Attachments

• 072.jpg
    072.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 174
The fact that he ate afterward leads me to suspect that the fall might have been more traumatic for you and your son than for Randall.
Good thing he had the crafts materials to soften the last part of his unexpected journey :D
If he was my cham, I would make sure to look him over in the morning for any apparent injuries that might require a vet and to make sure that he gets extra fluids over the next day or two, since he may just be a bit bruised.
Just keep an eye on him for unusual behaviors, like more falling, inability to use a leg or foot or not be able to stay upright.
If you're very concerned about anything, then it may be worth a vet visit for the peace of mind.
Hope this helps.

Several of us have had falls and lost some sleep worrying about these guys. Mostly they are just fine, chameleons inflate their bodies when they fall to protect their rids and cushion the fall. I would do as stated about, use the watch and wait. I you see a problem call the vet. Let us know how he is after waking up.

That is scary, Picasso has fallen from the window sill before and just laid there for a few seconds, I thought he was dead, but he got up and started walking like nothing had happened......I'm sure he will OK, just keep an eye on him.

So far everything seem's fine with Randall, Thank God! He has plenty of water and he ate a few Crickets and is just now exploring his enclosure. I'm so glad he didn't get hurt... Not sure if he will ever come out of his enclosure now though lol

Back
Top Bottom